ACB Stock Raffle ($2,115 raised to date) (112 tkts)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigredopie

Re: ACB Custom Stock Raffle (feasible for Boofest?)

Post by bigredopie »

Actually the way things are going by the time Boofest comes around, it might be closer to a 2 for 1 sale :D Oh for the days we did not have to worry about the the exchange rate.

If we used paypal for the bulk of the tix, fixed the tix price at $20us (sorry to my cnd brethren, I know I have been down here too long) and simply let everyone send the funds in us$ we could then let paypal do the exchange rate calcs for us rather than guessing at where it would be today. Seeing as it is for charity, I think it would be better to round up, rather than down. Either way, the winner gets a smoking deal on a cherished heirloom.

Is this also going to be open to entries at Boofest for the impulse buyers in all of us looking to buy just one more chance at a custom stock?

I may be over thinking this.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...I am looking for everyone to give me your ideas and concerns with regard to this raffle for Boofest. Mike (Agingcrossbower) is aboard for one of his custom masterpieces to be crafted for the winner.

...the way I am thinking of it is assuming we were to make each ticket $20 for a chance to win one of Mike's creations and if you don't win the money going to charity...wow...I would consider that a win-win...and a real feel good situation.

Why don't we start a list of ideas., questions and concerns and we will keep adding to it until we can get this moving on 4/15/15:

1. What should be cost?

2. What will be the charity to receive the excess funds?,

3. Who is going to collect the funds?...I have volunteered through payment by [email protected],

4. How will money get to Boofest?I...I will bring it with me to Boofest...,

5. How will an accounting of the funds be handled? ....by an accountant of course....I will keep track of the funds I receive by real name, handle and amount received...an EXCEL spread sheet will be maintained and a copy will be forwarded to Boo and Mike every week along the way ,

6. Weekly tally of amount raised,

7. Price per ticket =?, buy 3 for ?

8. Should raffle money for this be kept separate and not used for other choices at BF?

9. Can you donate specifically to the cause (still sent to me by PAYPAL) and not request any tickets and/or can you do both?

PM me or post an addition and I will edit and add to this list...once we come to an agreement the raffle will begin...after April 15th...

I think this can really work...hopefully many will get on board.

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

An accountant no less. Anthony, you will work out great. :D
bubba

Post by bubba »

And with under world connections SMILE, money will be safe and sound.........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

bubba wrote:And with under world connections SMILE, money will be safe and sound.........
Yup... no one wants to wake up with a horse head in there bed. :lol:
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Can Aging make it to match the magic ROBE. :lol: :lol:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
agingcrossbower

UPSMAN wrote:Can Aging make it to match the magic ROBE. :lol: :lol:

If there is a woody under the robe then, YES. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

agingcrossbower wrote:
UPSMAN wrote:Can Aging make it to match the magic ROBE. :lol: :lol:

If there is a woody under the robe then, YES. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

....NOW THAT IS HYSTERICAL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

At this time, I cannot give very specific details about the recipient. I can tell you her name is Makena, she is only 4 years old and she is being treated for cancer. I will release a picture and whatever info I have permission for as soon as I get a release from the family.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
strum

Post by strum »

my main concern here is the price of the raffle..20 bucks just doesn't seem like enough unless theres quiet a bit of em sold.
for Mike to be paid fairly for his time and money left over for the charity I suggest a 50 dollar ticket..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

strum wrote:my main concern here is the price of the raffle..20 bucks just doesn't seem like enough unless theres quiet a bit of em sold.
for Mike to be paid fairly for his time and money left over for the charity I suggest a 50 dollar ticket..
Good point Stan but 50 might be too much. Not saying it is, just playing devil's advocate. This price should be toss around to get it right for most so....opinions please?
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I think $20us works as a good price point and is a fairly typical on many raffles around my area. It is a nice even denomination that most folks carry and use on a regular basis, on both sides of the border. People tend to carry bigger denominations less frequently and as they are "special" folks tend to be more reluctant to spend them. I also think $20 would allow a lot more folks an opportunity to enter the draw (ie donate), where $50 can be more of a stretch.

I really think a lot of people would not blink at spending $40 to buy 2 chances at a $800 custom stock and maybe with a option of getting a third chance for just another $10 you could "hook" them into donating a touch more into the kitty and they are smiling because they already won because they got a "freebie". Other options could be buy 3 get 1 free, by 4 get 1 free and so on, but trust me that "freebie" trick gets me every time. You could also sell it as $100 worth of tix for only $80 (a 20% discount) or $60 worth of tix for only $50 (a 16% discount)! It would only take a few folks stretching to get a "free" tix and the cost of the blank is covered just like that.

To help fix the cost of the endeavor I might suggest ACB select 2 or 3 blanks that the winner could choose from which could be displayed at Boofest beside a finished "demo" or two. Kind of a before and after and I have found that folk tend to buy more tix if they have something concrete to fondle (And Who else besides ACB is so deserving of a good fondle now and then) :mrgreen:
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
agingcrossbower

Some great idea's coming in here people and certainly a worthy cause. Thanks to Don for getting that squared away besides a few million other things he has already done. Now as for the blanks and stocks to have at the show the problem with that is Jen and I are flying into Toronto so we are going to be severely limited on what I could bring. As far as the blank goes I will now after this weekend if it is going to be Don's blank which is a true beauty and would be donated by him for the stock. As far as sample Stocks there are a few local stocks off the top of my head would be Don's and Craig Greentree's and One Shot Scott's. There should be a few more that are in the area that I just can not think of off the top of my head. Believe it or not but I just finished my 25th stock which considering my tortoise speed would be a large number indeed. I would like to talk Snuffbox into bring his over from England since I am sure he will want to join in on the shoots. If he broke it down it may not be to bad. We will see. I could bring one along for the event. At any rate it will be a good time had by a bunch of great people indeed. I feel honored to have ben asked. Thank you. :D
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I think the idea is to set the price "right" so the most people participate. That will be how we raise the most $$ for the charity. Given that, I think $20 each or 3 for $50 is a good price point. $50 each is too high IMO and would not get as many to participate.

Should we consider a maximum number of entries? I say yes - at least at the beginning - as that will give everyone roughly the same chance at winning. Maybe start off with a max of 3 tickets and see how sales go? But not higher than that. To further explain, the overall number of tickets most likely will not be that high (I'm thinking in the 200s). If someone wants to come in and buy $400 - $500 worth of tickets to get an heirloom stock(still a GREAT bargain)that will tip the scales significantly in their favor. For example....1/200 = 0.5% chance, 3/200 = 1.5% chance, $500 would get you 30 tickets, 30/200 = 15% chance. Again, coming from a point of view of trying to maximize participation.
My feeling is if someone is will to spend $500 for a raffle, they should just go ahead and buy one directly from aging.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

nchunterkw wrote:I think the idea is to set the price "right" so the most people participate. That will be how we raise the most $$ for the charity. Given that, I think $20 each or 3 for $50 is a good price point. $50 each is too high IMO and would not get as many to participate.

Should we consider a maximum number of entries? I say yes - at least at the beginning - as that will give everyone roughly the same chance at winning. Maybe start off with a max of 3 tickets and see how sales go? But not higher than that. To further explain, the overall number of tickets most likely will not be that high (I'm thinking in the 200s). If someone wants to come in and buy $400 - $500 worth of tickets to get an heirloom stock(still a GREAT bargain)that will tip the scales significantly in their favor. For example....1/200 = 0.5% chance, 3/200 = 1.5% chance, $500 would get you 30 tickets, 30/200 = 15% chance. Again, coming from a point of view of trying to maximize participation.
My feeling is if someone is will to spend $500 for a raffle, they should just go ahead and buy one directly from aging.
Keith, do you have a downloadable Excel file on the percentages? :mrgreen:
I disagree on the max number of tickets. This is a charity so winning should be secondary and getting the most tickets sold should be the priority. People spend tons of money weekly to take a minuscule chance at winning prizes and there's no way the odds for winning one of Mike's creation would be anywhere close to any state lottery.