ACB Stock Raffle ($2,115 raised to date) (112 tkts)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: ACB Custom Stock Raffle (feasible for Boofest?)

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:I think $20. per ticket is priced right. Do you want to start a Good Faith page to see how much commitment there really is, or can we start sending funds? The charity is picked, and I think there is plenty of time to get a good amount raised. I think us southerners should forget the currency exchange rate as well, and just send $20 US. I'm in for $60. one chance goes to Boo for donating the material, two for me.:wink:
Thanks Don.
Thanks Anthony.
Thanks Aging!! :D
Dan, I appreciate the thoughts but zero should not and will not go to me. My end has to stay clean. I'll PM you to explain.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I understand, and thanks Don for enlightening me. I will do this, $60, two chances on the draw, $20 donated directly to the cause.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

If I remember correctly, Aging donated a stock for last years Boofest and I don't recall any restrictions on the number of tix you could buy for it or any of the other raffle items.

I completely understand trying to keep the odds fair, but just look at some of the big lottery winners. More often than not the winners seem to be the folks that just bought that one tix out of the blue, rather than the folks who buy hundreds and even thousands of $ worth of lottery tix.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I would let anybody buy as many tickets as they want. The more that are sold the more that goes towards the little girl. The person that buys a lot of tickets has a better chance of winning and he or she should, they paid for it. Like Allan mentioned that it may well be the person that buys just one ticket.
Tom

Post by Tom »

paulaboutform wrote:Some really great ideas popping up. The buy three get one free always gets me too. :lol: I think there's a magic number for most people before they're out of their comfort zone $$$$ wise. I believe the higher the $$$ number the fewer the tickets you'll sell. It's finding where the dollar can be maximized vs the number of tickets sold. The primary goal is still to raise money for a needy child. Personally, I like the 20 dollars each or three for $50. Or ten dollars each or six for $50. Whatever peopleare mmore inclined to buy is how I see it.
I had the same problem last year when I was trying to set up a price for the calendar. Too much, or too high of a cost, then there will be less people able to purchase. I figured less cost (less money raised per calendar) will in the end raise more money as more calendars would be purchased. I even covered some of the cost of shipping (in purchase price) to keep costs down (some great forum members sent extra for shipping).

Remember that most people attending Boofest will arrive with limited funds (no bank machine near by) so if they planned to spend a certain amount of money on draw tickets, that is all they will spend. Higher or lower cost of a ticket will only determine how many tickets they get.

The question now is.........
Will the stock be a complete seperate draw, tickets only good on the stock, or be able to be applied on other draw items like in the past. If there is only 1 roll of tickets for all the draw items, then, like in the past, a group of tickets (1ticket-$5, need 4 tickets-$20) for the stock or higher value item.

A seperate draw will enable a price to easily chosen, but will add extra work at Boofest.

Just my 2 cents to cloud everybody's thinking.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Tom wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Some really great ideas popping up. The buy three get one free always gets me too. :lol: I think there's a magic number for most people before they're out of their comfort zone $$$$ wise. I believe the higher the $$$ number the fewer the tickets you'll sell. It's finding where the dollar can be maximized vs the number of tickets sold. The primary goal is still to raise money for a needy child. Personally, I like the 20 dollars each or three for $50. Or ten dollars each or six for $50. Whatever peopleare mmore inclined to buy is how I see it.
I had the same problem last year when I was trying to set up a price for the calendar. Too much, or too high of a cost, then there will be less people able to purchase. I figured less cost (less money raised per calendar) will in the end raise more money as more calendars would be purchased. I even covered some of the cost of shipping (in purchase price) to keep costs down (some great forum members sent extra for shipping).

Remember that most people attending Boofest will arrive with limited funds (no bank machine near by) so if they planned to spend a certain amount of money on draw tickets, that is all they will spend. Higher or lower cost of a ticket will only determine how many tickets they get.

The question now is.........
Will the stock be a complete seperate draw, tickets only good on the stock, or be able to be applied on other draw items like in the past. If there is only 1 roll of tickets for all the draw items, then, like in the past, a group of tickets (1ticket-$5, need 4 tickets-$20) for the stock or higher value item.

A seperate draw will enable a price to easily chosen, but will add extra work at Boofest.

Just my 2 cents to cloud everybody's thinking.

Tom
....you mean Boo doesn't have an ATM on his property? :shock: :lol: :lol:

....JMHO, if the decision is to accept additional purchases of raffle tickets at Boofest that this raffle should be totally separate and if one was to purchase a ticket while they were there they should plan on bringing those funds with them...

.....If any of you are so moved by this four year old child with cancer and would like to make a donation over and above your ticket or in lieu of a ticket...you can do that...just let me know in your description when you send your money to me.

.....lets work out all of the kinks and come to a decision before any money is sent....

.....also, as i said earlier...the raffle will begin on 4.15.15....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Support and Excitement for this pending raffle and fund raising is already growing. As I have already received funds and requests to send money without even having all of the details finalized....this shows me that our hearts are in the right place....as it should be....keep up the excitement!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
agingcrossbower

A person really can understand when you complain of a sore shoulder or something minor and this poor 4 year old child does not even get a chance at life. Open your hearts and wallets people and help out this youngster. God will remember your kindness. :D
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

A very good cause!!! When it's a go, the wife and I will take six tickets. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I expect at least 24 stock owners (25-Boo) will buy tickets. The owner of #25 is very pleased. See Thread.
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

maine hunter wrote:A very good cause!!! When it's a go, the wife and I will take six tickets. :D
X2

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

TTT

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

amythntr wrote:TTT

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
agingcrossbower

TTTRTTT :D
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....all of the ideas, concerns and questions stopped with regard to the raffle...i would like to hear some more or confirm that you agree with what has been said already...

...I am thinking $20 a ticket...3 for $50...your thoughts?

some money raised already....some have committed already...i think we are off to a good start even though nothing starts until 4.15.15...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings