The only thing I hate about Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

The only thing I hate about Excalibur

Post by Sloppy Does »

Is those awful limb bolts. My 380 and my micro both are down because I don't have enough bolts that aren't stripped to put them back together. I used new high quality allen tools and still managed to strip the heads. I feel like giving up. Has anyone found a better bolt out there. Sorry for the rant, just frustrated. I love everything else about my Excals.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
Pa.hunter

Re: The only thing I hate about Excalibur

Post by Pa.hunter »

If you have to take them out you might as well figuring on replacing them.I have high dollar Mac and snap-on allen sockets and it dosen't matter they still strip out. I don't know why you would take them out other then to install the new air brakes which comes with new longer ones :?:

Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
munch

Post by munch »

did you apply loctite on them. i know its great stuff but i prefer to put oil on all my bolts and just keep an eye on them to be sure they are tight. you may try finding an old allen key and heat it. the heat will travel threw the bolt and help to free it up. just pull the hot key out with pinchers and try to take the bolt out with another. does not work every time but may get you out of a pinch. another thing is an impact driver you hit the end while turning. mine will accept 3/8" allen sockets
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
SEW

Post by SEW »

I agree about the problem of taking the bolts out. In the Air Brakes instruction manual, it recommends that if you get one bolt out, that you remove the limb and undo the other bolt with pliers if it doesn't come out with the Allen wrench. I put on Air Brakes, as you may have guessed, so I didn't have to try to reuse those messed up bolts. I'd take the bolts to a NAPA or Fasanal store and get them replaced if I weren't putting on Air Brakes. I like my Air Brakes.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Sloppy Does wrote:Is those awful limb bolts. My 380 and my micro both are down because I don't have enough bolts that aren't stripped to put them back together. I used new high quality allen tools and still managed to strip the heads. I feel like giving up. Has anyone found a better bolt out there. Sorry for the rant, just frustrated. I love everything else about my Excals.

Funny you should mention this. I just went through this yesterday. My bow project is on hold untill I get some new bolts matrix limb strap bolts... :(

2 came out with heat. The other 2 no way. I had to clamp them in a vise & rotate the riser & they finally turned loose. Must be some really good loc-tite from the factory. :) On a good note if you don't have to remove your limbs you don't have to worry about them coming loose... LOL

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Jeff, I have some bolts. PM me if you don't already have some on the way. I strip those shoulder bolts every time. Wish they made them in titanium or at least stainless.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

puck that loc tite ..get better bolts & oil or anti seez ..theres a post were ti fasteners are used..looks like they have the little botton coller bolts that hold
the air brakes on to..i had to die grind a scope rail off a 380 with a 2 stage tt
which ruined the atf..sure some have heated an allen wrench up but id didn't work for me and loc tite on the big bolts made rust.
No One

Post by No One »

Try this fast forward to 9:06 in video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTk1FDjtvZY
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
Good Stuff

Post by Good Stuff »

racking up points wrote:Jeff, I have some bolts. PM me if you don't already have some on the way. I strip those shoulder bolts every time. Wish they made them in titanium or at least stainless.
I could use some if you have any extra. I can't PM you since i'm new here.
Thanks
Micro Nightmare
Hawke XB30 Scope
365g at 330 fps
16 inch BEE
Boo String
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Good Stuff wrote:
racking up points wrote:Jeff, I have some bolts. PM me if you don't already have some on the way. I strip those shoulder bolts every time. Wish they made them in titanium or at least stainless.
I could use some if you have any extra. I can't PM you since i'm new here.
Thanks
Danny Miller is the man to get them from in the states. He is the Excalibur US rep. His no. is 1-740-483-2312. Anyone else out there that has some I will vouch for Good Stuff. Good guy to deal with. Good luck Stuff.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

There's a good lesson to be learned here , Sure you can take your bow apart instead of sending it to Danny BUT your probably going to booger up some screws doing it .If Danny boogers up a screw he's got replacements laying there ready to use ! When your bow comes back from Danny it still looks new !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

This brings up another question or two.
If you put the air brakes on and then in the off season decide to take your string off to give the limbs a rest - do you have to then take the air brakes off ?
If so, would this put you in a continuous cycle of replacing the bolts.
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

nyexhunter wrote:This brings up another question or two.
If you put the air brakes on and then in the off season decide to take your string off to give the limbs a rest - do you have to then take the air brakes off ?
If so, would this put you in a continuous cycle of replacing the bolts.
If they are anything like the previous dissapator bars all you need to do is remove the pads .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
strum

Post by strum »

i have taken many of those screws out of the exo series bows but haven't had a need to take em out of a matrix or micro yet.
I wonder if this is a product of the shoulder bolt vrs the full threaded screws they used to use?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....speaking of air brakes...I just had a set delivered from Dave at Wyverns....forgot I never cancelled my order....man, these things seem like they weigh a ton....I would venture a guess...3/4 of a lb...do i really want that extra weight up front of anything just to quiet the sound?....pretty soon I will need my deer carrier just to get my light weight .....Bada Bing 8) in the woods with me....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings