M380/Aging's stock & other mods. Finally!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Re: M380/Aging's stock & other mods. Finally!!

Post by agingcrossbower »

Steve of all the people that have my stocks I am not worried in the least that you will knowly scar it. You think things out way ahead of yourself. In fact I am waiting to see what you may come up with. :D
SEW

Post by SEW »

agingcrossbower wrote:Steve of all the people that have my stocks I am not worried in the least that you will knowly scar it. You think things out way ahead of yourself. In fact I am waiting to see what you may come up with. :D
Thanks, Mike. I plan on that being a long way off.
Big John

Post by Big John »

Very good Job on the Stock again Mike! 8)
SEW will have a Blast using it for many years I'm sure of that. :wink:
However, I must say that health Monitor reading is rather embarrassing to me. :oops: I have not seen any of my readings look that good since before my first Heart Attack. AND..... I am much younger than you! You are healthy as a Race Horse!!!
Keep it up!
Congrats SEW! :) You got a Beauty!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
lagarman

Post by lagarman »

SEW, Could you please post a pic of the completely assembled crossbow w/ wooden stock? Gorgeous wood...what type is it and who did the work?
Future Matrix 380 owner.....just lurking for now.
agingcrossbower

lagarman wrote:SEW, Could you please post a pic of the completely assembled crossbow w/ wooden stock? Gorgeous wood...what type is it and who did the work?
It is my stock and the wood is Black Walnut.
SEW

Post by SEW »

lagarman wrote:SEW, Could you please post a pic of the completely assembled crossbow w/ wooden stock? Gorgeous wood...what type is it and who did the work?
Comparing speeds with fully modded limb set and bare limbs: the 380 limbs, etc are on the 405 right now. So put on the 405 limbs just for these pictures -"just for you" :D . I did the different views do you could also see the width.

agingcrossbower

Sew, how did the Cheek piece fit for you? Nice pics that you took also. :D
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Sweet numbers there buddy.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Isn't it amazing how an Aging stock not only makes your bow quieter (elimnates that hollow stock vibration), gives you that warm natural feeling you can only get from a natural wood stock. I can't say it is lighter than one of those micro bow stocks, but I sure don't notice an appreciable difference after removing my original m380 stock. Holding just the factory stock in one hand and Aging's stocking the other kind of feels like holding a decent buck knife in one hand and a fine crafted DaGriz knife in the other. Both would get the job done, but one sure puts a much bigger smile on your face.

The interesting thing I really didn't expect, was the huge improvement in accuracy this stock has produced. My arrow spreads have been almost cut in half through all distances. I think it is that intangible magic spark of Mike 's spirit and soul that he puts into each and every one of his finely crafted masterpieces. When you have a Aging stock, you never want to stop shooting (which might possibly also have a slight impact on the overall improved shooting) and you are truly never shooting alone. :mrgreen:

For any that doubt me, get an Aging stock of your own and you will see what I mean.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
SEW

Post by SEW »

Cheek piece - perfect. Yes, there is a warmth to the wood . Haven't got a chance for any target shooting yet. It is quieter!
lagarman

Post by lagarman »

SEW wrote:
Comparing speeds with fully modded limb set and bare limbs: the 380 limbs, etc are on the 405 right now. So put on the 405 limbs just for these pictures -"just for you" :D . I did the different views do you could also see the width.

SEW, My wife has been known to tell me, "You like to feel special," so when I read your post that you put the limbs on "just for me," I about fell off my chair laughing! Maybe she's right.....damn, I hate when she's right! :lol:

Seriously though, thanks for going through the effort. I wouldn't have asked had I known you had her apart. That's a beautiful set up. I was guessing walnut, but it has such a deep, rich look to the grain, I wasn't 100% positive. Ok, need to stop drooling and get back to work!
Future Matrix 380 owner.....just lurking for now.
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

Really nice, i'd lime one for left handed :mrgreen:
Even if the woodstock make it heavier, it still super good looking
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
Tom

Post by Tom »

SEW wrote:Cheek piece - perfect. Yes, there is a warmth to the wood . Haven't got a chance for any target shooting yet. It is quieter!
The accuracy part of this is probably the fit of the stock to you. If you feel more comfortable shooting, you will be more accurate. Lets face it, a factory stock is made or developed for the general public and not for one person in mind, but the mass.

As for being quieter, wood stock vibrate a lot less then the synthetic stocks. Remember that when shooting, the stock rests against your cheek bone and any vibration will travel directly to your ear through your bone structure (just like the test the Dr does with a tuning fork). Anytime you can reduce vibration, you will reduce noise.

BTW, nice stock and another great piece of work from Agingcrossbower.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

SEW wrote:My goal has been to have 2 crossbows fully optimized for long range hunting and one of them also for daily shooting. Both the 380 & 405 have risers drilled to take the wooden stock, but it will primarily be on the 380. I've done all I know to quieten the crossbow. It is now quieter than my Solution 350 even though the S350 is shooting a heavier arrow. Matrix xbow's can be quietened significantly. And yes, the wooden stock significantly helped noise reduction in addition to a # of other mods. Note the raised arrow retention spring with double shrink wrap also , rubber wrapped , cloth tape over the rubber, stirrup, air brakes, string silencers, polished TT string holding prongs.
Here are a few pictures.

The noisier xbow below: the Sol 350. When you have a bow quieter than a Sol 350, you have a quiet xbow.

Man that wood stock is as sweet as a piece of eye candy !!!!