It's hard to believe...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

It's hard to believe...

Post by DuckHunt »

...but my deer season is STILL in. :shock: On 30 March it will return back to archery only in Northern Virginia where I hunt. I may have to take the crossbow out for spring turkey starting 11 April. The first three weeks of spring turkey run concurrent with the last three weeks of deer season.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
xcaliber

Re: It's hard to believe...

Post by xcaliber »

That is awesome! Good luck, on the both!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ppl. huntin deer this time of yr & killin Doe's will kill alot of unborn fawns wid'em. Thats insane, fer a Gamen Fish Dept. to have deer huntin this late or early!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

I can not agree with you more Mike. But W.V has always had the longest season, don't see how there is any deer left to hunt,alot of those does have to be with fawns. Just get don't there thought process on that..............
Last edited by bubba on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm sure DNR has their reason to keep the season opened that long. I'm not an advocate, but hunting is a blood sport. If the season was open here, I would be out there!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Just to correct things, this in not in West Virginia. The season in West Virginia is a bit short in my opinion. I hunt in Virginia just over the mountain. Northern Virginia has an overpopulation of deer. That is the reason for the outrageously long season. They really do want people to kill doe with fawns. We have five months of doe only hunting and only one of those months is dedicated to archery.

The deer kill dropped more than 31% last season in Loudoun County down to 5219 but it dropped everywhere in this region. I think the higher kills of previous seasons are finally starting to get the deer numbers down to where they should be.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

here in rhode island theres and island called block island which has a long season end of feb do to the place being over run with deer.this year bi residents
got payed $150.00 a tail no amount as long as you bought tags.i did hunt there a few years back field dressing does in feb wasn't for me :(
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Does will be dropping fawns in about 8 weeks give or take.
No way I would be harvesting any meat from anything when it's in that condition.
If they really want to decrease the population, there are other options during the regular season.
Hunting is a blood sport but it doesn't have to be caveman mentality.
The antis will have a field day with that.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"