Please Help. Micro Limb Problem? I Think.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

drkeenan

Re: Please Help. Micro Limb Problem? I Think.

Post by drkeenan »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Please contact us regarding your limb, we will need to replace that for sure. The Micro has had very few limb failures so this is not an epidemic.

The fastest way to look after a warranty issue is to use our warranty system:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/service

The system will give you and RMA number and you will get an email with the address to send your crossbow to. The great thing about the system is you can use it 24/7 and it will track your entire warranty transaction.

Peter
Already in progress Peter. Thanks. So far the process has been easy and efficient. That said, if this was deer season I'd be REALLY frustrated with the interruption to my season even if this problem isn't "an epidemic".

Thanks for reaching out.

John
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

That said, if this was deer season I'd be REALLY frustrated with the interruption to my season even if this problem isn't "an epidemic".
We totally understand that. No matter how hard we try to make something perfect stuff can still go wrong. All we can do is try our best to make the process as painless as possible.

Sorry for the issue!

Peter
Mason34

Post by Mason34 »

Will they swap scopes?
Micro 335,Nikon Bolt, Xcaliber(Dan) strings and 15.5 Zombie Slayers!!
Bow Hunt Everything!!!!
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
That said, if this was deer season I'd be REALLY frustrated with the interruption to my season even if this problem isn't "an epidemic".
We totally understand that. No matter how hard we try to make something perfect stuff can still go wrong. All we can do is try our best to make the process as painless as possible.

Sorry for the issue!

Peter
from my experience it is a very PAINLESS process dealing with Excalibur as far as warranty. The best solution is a back up crossbow,,,,it is a great excuse to get another...how many of you fisherman have only one fishing rod? I have 8!
who says the wife and kids need shoes anyhow :wink: norm
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

coolhl wrote:
Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:

Sorry for the issue!

Peter
from my experience it is a very PAINLESS process dealing with Excalibur as far as warranty. The best solution is a back up crossbow,,,,it is a great excuse to get another...how many of you fisherman have only one fishing rod? I have 8!
who says the wife and kids need shoes anyhow :wink: norm
My Exomax was so reliable I didn't consider keeping it when I upgraded to Micro. I'm now worried that my Dad's opinion on buying cars will apply to new Excalibur models. "Never buy one in it's first or second year production run. They haven't worked the kinks out" I guess we'll see.
Stock String
Tact Zone Scope
Tom

Post by Tom »

Drkeenan I would not worry about buying a new model from Excalibur. In fact I did, over 30 years ago I bought the very first model, a Relayer.

Any product made by a human can and will fail. That is just the way things are. The good thing with Excalibur is that their products go through a lot of testing and do normally have a longer life then most products today. In todays market, most products are designed for a short life span (throw away), but not Excalibur as they are made to last. My Relayer is over 30 years old and it is still my hunting bow.

The true telling of what a company is, is how they handle problems with a product. No matter how good or how great an item is made, there will be problems with some of them. Just sorry that your bow happened to be one with a problem.

As for your statement of what if it would have happened two weeks before hunting season. Well after 25 years of happy hunting with my Relayer, the scope failed between hunting trips. While trouble shooting scope problems on the forum (looking to see if it was dead or maybe a simple fix), Excalibur came on and told me it was dead and to send it back. They did whatever they could so I would miss as little time possible hunting. Actually, it was 8 days from discovery of scope problems to instalation of the replacement.

With Excalibur, I would not worry.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

My Exomax was so reliable I didn't consider keeping it when I upgraded to Micro. I'm now worried that my Dad's opinion on buying cars will apply to new Excalibur models. "Never buy one in it's first or second year production run. They haven't worked the kinks out" I guess we'll see.
Good point but here are some facts. The percentage of limb failures is significantly higher on an Exomax than either the Matrix or Micro models. Its just the volume of sales for the new models far exceeds the Exomax. We have been testing the Micro limbs for almost 2 years, I have personally been hunting with one with no issues. Will we have limb failures? All bows have limb failures, I don't care what make or model it is. Limbs are the working part of the crossbow, if something is going to break its going to be the limb. Our goal is to reduce the failures. Our average limb failure rate is under 2% of total sales which is pretty good.

We realize any problem or failure in a product is a royal pain in the butt and we do everything to avoid it. But this stuff will happen, nothing is perfect.

With this day and age of the internet and instant communication when somebody has an issue its immediately blasted everywhere. The more people see these problems talked about the more they question the quality of an item. This is good and bad. It keeps manufacture's on their toes to make the best product they can and offer awesome customer service. The bad side is people may get the wrong impression of an item and avoid buying something that is actually an excellent product.

Sorry for the long post, but this is something we address everyday. People are mortified when they have an issue and the common response is "I did all the research and thought I was buying the best, and then _______ broke!"
People expect perfection and so do we, but perfection is an unrealistic expectation. We just need to learn how to deal with problems when they do occur, and that's my job. :D

Peter

Post by newbie »

I agree it suck if it happens right before or during the season. Last year my tact bit the dust, from my first contact until the replacement was in the mailbox and was on the bow, two days that cant be beat, they know when its mid season. Im lucky i am only an hour drive from Kitchener.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

IMHO - Exomax had a higher percentage of failures because of guys trying to "hot rod" them with the lightest arrows/hardest strings they could find:)

These bows are already maximized and certainly designed for these strings/ arrows already..
Proportionally speaking these bows have had very little failure rate for the amount of performance they deliver vs any other bow on the market.

And as said...you'll have a replacement in the blink of an eye with Danny's service and Excalibur's dedication to it's customers, you can rest assured you are good to go..
The only thing you can do to cover your bases than having great coverage is join the crowd here and buy another or two different models, for backups of course not more toys:)
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

I'd say lady luck isn't on your side.
You cut off the end of your thumb in the beginning and now a limb failure.
Look up is there a dark cloud following you around.

Beware of " Things happening in Threes" :shock:

:lol:
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

colouredchameleon wrote:Image

I'd say lady luck isn't on your side.
You cut off the end of your thumb in the beginning and now a limb failure.
Look up is there a dark cloud following you around.

Beware of " Things happening in Threes" :shock:

:lol:
I have to disagree. Bad luck would be if these minor setbacks occurred during the deer season :D :D :D
Stock String
Tact Zone Scope