Pulled the Big Trigger last night

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

No One

Re: Pulled the Big Trigger last night

Post by No One »

bubba wrote:Like Normous and Sew said, The stiffest strongest arrow, for the strongest baddest bow Zombies all the way. Good luck....

Didnt by to kill Zombies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok guys gatcha on the arrow but a pack 12 are coming of the BEE before I knew this info guess i could send them back
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I wouldn't worry too much about those training arrows. You need some to sight the bow in and to learn how to shoot the bow. You will, of course, lose a couple as you learn why everyone says not to shoot at the same spot twice. If you don't get a true "Robin Hood" you will damage or lose some vanes.

Once you get everything lined out, I would then order some more arrows and you could go with Zombies then if you want to give them a try.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
SEW

Post by SEW »

I understand that "The Walking Dead" is the most popular TV series in the US; however, the entire subject of supernatural such as these just doesn't appeal to me, at all. Accordingly, the graphics and wording on the arrow shafts just aren't my cup of tea. In spite of this, I've found no shafts that approach their level of accuracy out of the M405. My overall point weight(AL insert 26.2g + 170g point = 196.2g) is generally less than what most people shoot (110g brass insert + 100-125g point = 210 - 235g total point weight). Equally set up Executioners shoot almost as accurately out to 100 yds as do the Zombies out of my M380, but the M405 presents a totally different situation. O-50 yds has nearly the same accuracy with both bows/both arrows. 50-100+ yds shows radical differences between the arrows /bows.
Zombies, I don't like the name nor graphics ; but they work better than any other I've tried. 25% stiffer is a lot stiffer! A better buy for a 380. The only buy for a 405, IMO .
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

Congrats!!! You made the right choice. You will never second guess yourself and never look back. :wink: You will be very happy with it.

Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

Good choice
No One

Post by No One »

bigredopie wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about those training arrows. You need some to sight the bow in and to learn how to shoot the bow. You will, of course, lose a couple as you learn why everyone says not to shoot at the same spot twice. If you don't get a true "Robin Hood" you will damage or lose some vanes.

Once you get everything lined out, I would then order some more arrows and you could go with Zombies then if you want to give them a try.
As long as they get thru the first season I will be happy with that.
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.