C2 Crank

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tomasw1

C2 Crank

Post by tomasw1 »

This passed year was the first I've hunted with a crossbow. While I enjoyed it thoroughly, I did notice a problem when I tried to re-cock in my stand. I was able to do it, but not without looking and sounding like an idiot. I decided to give the crank a try.

Just got it yesterday and it seems awesome. The mechanism looks like that of a medieval catapult. Simple but effective. I'm looking forward to adding this to my bag of tricks. If any of you have any tips, it's much appreciated.
Matrix 380 Xtra
SEW

Re: C2 Crank

Post by SEW »

It's well designed , IMO . I use one with my 405.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I also use the C2 wid my 405, works well fer me
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Could you possibly post a video of you cocking your crossbow in the tree stand without it?
I'm sure it would be good medicine for anyone suffering from depression or the Monday morning blues. :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
tomasw1

Post by tomasw1 »

BrotherRon wrote:Could you possibly post a video of you cocking your crossbow in the tree stand without it?
I'm sure it would be good medicine for anyone suffering from depression or the Monday morning blues. :mrgreen:
If someone had a camera I'd no doubt be featured on FAIL ARMY. I laugh now thinking how stupid I looked. I kept bending in half cause I did not have a platform to step on. Between my grunting and clanking around I was a mess. I'd pay money to have seen it from a deer point of view.
Matrix 380 Xtra
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

tomasw1 wrote:This passed year was the first I've hunted with a crossbow. While I enjoyed it thoroughly, I did notice a problem when I tried to re-cock in my stand. I was able to do it, but not without looking and sounding like an idiot. I decided to give the crank a try.

Just got it yesterday and it seems awesome. The mechanism looks like that of a medieval catapult. Simple but effective. I'm looking forward to adding this to my bag of tricks. If any of you have any tips, it's much appreciated.
Just be real careful if you don't engage the gear rachet- As I cock mine on silent mode that way and don't let go of the crank handle when cranking or cocking crossbow - As I really love my C2 crank- Sounds like a brute of a Lady don't it- :lol: :lol: :lol:
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

X2 on using it without the anti reverse mechanism engaged. I do it this way so I can hear the trigger latch click in. Always keep a tight grip on the handle if you do it this way.

You will really like the C2 as it will make your life so much easier and also may save you from future shoulder and back problems. Best wishes and good luck.
No One

Post by No One »

After rope cocking the 405 once, I was convinced I would not be able to cock it in a tree. So I broke down and bought it. I love the fact that it saves every muscle group in my body. :D When practicing 30 shots or more a day the 405 made me swore for a few days after.
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

I forgot to add that the C2 works beautifully with the destringing aid. Just make sure the antireverse mechanism is engaged for this process.

Crank up the destringimg rope until your string is loose enough to be removed from one side of the limbs to add twists. There is no need to pull the destringing rope all the way up until it is latched if you are using the C2; just make sure that you keep your hands to the outside of the limbs when working with the string while the limbs are under tension.

The C2 makes doing string adjustments super easy and fast and is another benefit of having it.

You made a wise choice in getting the C2.