Thanks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mo wannabe

Thanks

Post by Mo wannabe »

I wanted to take the time to thank the folks who showed up for the Mo ShootOUT . Whe had some rain to deal with but oh well. I managed to win a hat and some jerky in between showers :mrgreen:
Last edited by Mo wannabe on Mon May 11, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
bubba

Re: Thanks

Post by bubba »

So other than the showers, hows the gathering going? There is still another day Sunday right? Hope the rain hasn't been to bad....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
SEW

Post by SEW »

Thank you for having us. It's nice to be with such a nice group of guys and gals, AND hounds.
jimbob0425

Post by jimbob0425 »

Me and my wife had an awesome time. Thanks for having us Derry. Also, thanks to all the sponsors for their donations. Can't wait to get my new sight that I won put on something so I can start using it.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I'd love to hear more about it. I'd love to get out to one of the shoots. :mrgreen:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
SEW

Post by SEW »

The thing that impressed me most was not the crossbows (as nice as they were), the very sweet dogs (a lot like Jesus - unconditional love), the scenery (lush and green), the perfect tempature , but the PEOPLE. Nice, down to earth, no agendas, no "one upsmanship" , just nice people! I do believe we all agree that shooting off a nice Hart Windage Adjustable Rest/#13 Protektor rear bag makes shooting easier. Also, that keeping all digits below the string has some advantages.
SW
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

I had a great time...looking forward to the next one.... :D :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
bubba

Post by bubba »

The gathering ? Well how did every thing go ? i heard ya"ll had some rain. How was the fish supper? Wheres the pictures? Can"t hardly wait to see and hear all about it.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

This is vixenmaster's wife. We are traveling south, internet only spotty until we land, then he will post some pics and details.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:This is vixenmaster's wife. We are traveling south, internet only spotty until we land, then he will post some pics and details.

....Mrs. Vixenmaster...you even write sweeter than that old scruffy fart! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

?.... Looking forward to hearing about your weekend..................
bubba

Post by bubba »

my mistake double post.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yo all you good ppl's, we be in the sweet land of hot buttered grits, :) I will get the pic's downloaded directly. When Mo. Wannabe puts on a gatherin its right good. Why we hand all the rain we could possibly have wanted outside n in, :lol: AHicks got a lesson on the thumb bein up in the string area when shootin. Lets say the shootin was great n the Tx. Champ was humbled, :lol: Needless to say no pink finger-nails. We had a random prize shoot n everyone one won sumpin nice. Jerky, Hats, See All Sight, Trigger Tech single stage. I gave a few more strings away. Twas a decent 1st gatherin turnout. Alas it was only on Sat. Everyone left by that evenin, too much furbaby love i reckon. We stayed n camped til late yesterday evenin. I did some shootin practice, Captain Morgan be smokin them, :) Great shootin by all that came, but there were a couple that took more than a couple shots from shootin rest that sew provided fer us to use n shoot from. Nice set-up he brought. I took the long distance target offhand win. I am sure Makenna will be really trying harder the next shoot we have, :) I looked thru several scopes while i was there. I will be puttin a Zeiss XB75 on Marie Laveau later on this year. I looked thru a Nikon XR Bolt not bad glass, but it jus didn't do well in very dark thickets n tree's on dark objects the circles would fade into the darkness of object. The Zeiss n the Crossbones both did very well in clearly seeing the dark objects. The crossbones you need to pay alot of attention to the hash marks at longer ranges cause they have no yardage in view!
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Now talk about some good eatin bein had there. Derry spent alot of time out at nite on the lake catchin catfish n crappie's fer the great fish-fry we had. I did not get off at the day i wanted too, i was couple days late in fact. I jus move very slow now wid all the loading n packing n havin to go to town on two days really set me back. I assume my mrs was happy tho, :) Derry n his family had a great breakfast on Sat. mornin. I took my Mrs too several spots she wanted to go see while we camped there. I want to see couple more shootin events fer the next gatherin n do Sunday also. Mothers Day was the wild card on the Sunday deal this time. I want to become abit more involved on the next Mo. Gatherin. I shot sew's 405 that he had spent alot of time makin it quieter. Things he has done would interest many of the Forum Members in their search on that.
Half Bubble Off BD360

bubba

Post by bubba »

Mike So you really liked the Zeiss XB-75 ? I know the one i got to look thru was as clear as a bell. It will sure be purty setting on your 355.. And the 400.00 dollars an'it to bad, considering its fine quality optics and solid mechanics. Did not have a chance to see it in a low light situation, but i'm sure if you said its good. I believe ya, So with that said what are you going to put on that new Midget of yours? Smile.....