Grim Reaper Hybrid Mech Broadheads ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GodsRanger

Grim Reaper Hybrid Mech Broadheads ???

Post by GodsRanger »

Hi Boys ? GodsRanger ? The Crossbow Rookie coming at you with another break through Question ? Because as always ? I haven't the slightest idea what the reviews are on these particular Broadheads ? I'll give you my common sense answer and see if I'm on the right track or not ? I was a figuring since I'm just a dumb Grunt of a Country Cowboy ? And just getting started in the Crossbow Circuit ? That a lot of you guys recommended Mech. Broadheads to me ? But, here in Washington, the Boys recommend fixed ? Especially for Rookies ? So, I was thinking ? Since I did hear and read some good things about Grim Reapers although their fairly new on the market I believe ? The Hybrid is Fixed and Mech ? So, in essence, if one fails, which due to its configuration is doubtful ? But, possible ? The Fixed is sure to follow through regardless !!! And leave a 1 1/2 V cut alone !!! And if the Mech.does open, then it's a Bonus Four Blade Cut which I believe is a little wider than the fixed ? What do you Boys think ?
GodsRanger

Re: Grim Reaper Hybrid Mech Broadheads ???

Post by GodsRanger »

One more thing I'd like to add, these are 100 grain only ? And I'm Shooting my Danny Miller ??? Nightmare 335 Excal. I just had to brag about Danny!!!? : ) anyway, I know I need at least a 350grain bolt right ? But, won't that 100 grain broadhead screw up my FOC ? Idk ?
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i have a 335 i feed it slickstricks or ramcats no guess work here they just plane work jmo
bubba

Post by bubba »

GodsRanger, Slick Tricks mags in 100 grain are some bad boys.. They work great, and are a fixed blade. I also shoot swhackers in 100 grain, they are a Mech, and are deadly. But what i like about them are there easy to tune to your arrow. For me they truly fly like my field points. So for me its Slick Tricks for hogs. And Swhackers for deer, But either are my choices.. And if you are using stock Diablo arrows the f.o.c. should be fine. Good Luck......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

It's all about personal preference and being confident that when you miss it was most likely shooter error and not the broad-head.

I currently use NAP Spitfires with my Exomax and will continue this year with my Micro 335 Nightmare. They are field point accurate, reliable and the replacement blades are inexpensive and easy to install. That said, it took me awhile to come to the Spitfire. In a pinch I wouldn't hesitate to use my remaining Muzzy's, Montecs and Rage's.
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

drkeenan wrote:It's all about personal preference and being confident that when you miss it was most likely shooter error and not the broad-head.

I currently use NAP Spitfires with my Exomax and will continue this year with my Micro 335 Nightmare. They are field point accurate, reliable and the replacement blades are inexpensive and easy to install. That said, it took me awhile to come to the Spitfire. In a pinch I wouldn't hesitate to use my remaining Muzzy's, Montecs and Rage's.
....now drkeenan is a man who knows what he is talking about...could not agree with him more on the Spitfires...It is all I shoot...the Spitfire MAXX 100g...
...not to worry on being a newbie...they have practice heads and their is nothing to come apart in your hands as i found with the GR...I tried them once and had nothing but springs and pieces in my hand...which quickly found their way to the garbage can...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I am a fixed blade fan, specifically tough fixed blade heads. Slick Tricks (std., Mag, Xbow Trick - all good), Montec CS, Magnus Stinger 2-blade. Hope to test a Ramcat this week on a hog.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

There are a number of variables for accurate, consistent arrow flight. If you are shooting factory arrows, test them with your broadheads beyond your expected hunting ranges. FOC does matter. I shoot 100gr broadheads but have 92gr brass inserts, not the factory aluminum inserts. This increases my FOC substantially. Anyway, my suggestion is a good fixed blade broadhead such as Slick Trick, Toxic, Magnus, QAD EXODUS and many more weighing a minimum of 125 grains or heavier if you're shooting the stock arrows.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
GodsRanger

Post by GodsRanger »

Wow ? That's a lot of info to absorb !! But, great!!! I thank everyone of you Crossbow Vets for the helping hand !!! I'm glad I waited on the GR ? Danny Miller set me up with some Excal. Quills ? I know ? Their not quite Zombie Slayers ? But,they'll do for this Newbie until I get a hang of things ? Destroy those ...maybe ? Learn my lessons ? And hopefully move up the ladder a step ? I just hope and pray I'm doing this right ? I can't find a archery range around here ? Near I live that isn't totally prejudiced against Crossbow ? Or even trains ? So, it's OJT for me and a lot of You tube Observation ? Well, God Bless Boys!!! C - Ya next time !!!