Older Model Excals and the Height Challenged Shooter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Older Model Excals and the Height Challenged Shooter

Post by amythntr »

VixChix wrote:In working with new women xbow shooters we shorten the cocking aid rope and I have them cock the bow with the stock next to their thigh/hip. Usually the right side if they're right handed. I've watched some pretty short ladies quite capably cock the older style bows.
....one of the things I am looking forward to do at Boofest is to have the opportunity to shoot some of these older bows on which Excalibur's foundation is built upon!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

amythntr wrote:
VixChix wrote:In working with new women xbow shooters we shorten the cocking aid rope and I have them cock the bow with the stock next to their thigh/hip. Usually the right side if they're right handed. I've watched some pretty short ladies quite capably cock the older style bows.
....one of the things I am looking forward to do at Boofest is to have the opportunity to shoot some of these older bows on which Excalibur's foundation is built upon!

Careful !
You may get converted back to the OLD Style religion and want one badly enough an return to the True Excalibur Family of Origin .

CC
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

colouredchameleon wrote:
amythntr wrote:

Anthony :)[/

Careful !
You may get converted back to the OLD Style religion and want one badly enough an return to the True Excalibur Family of Origin .

CC
You gotta have one of each!!! :D :D :D
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

I have no idea. I'm 6 ft and without shortening the cocking rope I had to muscle my exomax the last few inches. I find the micro much easier even with the extra weight because its all legs!!
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

colouredchameleon wrote:
amythntr wrote:

Careful !

CC
....thats what I'm afraid of! :lol: :lol: :lol:

....I might become an Excalibur thumping preacher of the south, carrying an old, large Excalibur of the past, telling everyone either you convert or burn..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Dale

Post by Dale »

I got myself a Exomax last year. I am 52 years old, only 5'5". I have no problem cocking the Exomax with the rope cocker. The only thing is the last inch or two is a bit of a stretch since I am rather short. When I go the the Bow Shop in Kitchener to do some target shooting, it does start to get difficult after about 25 shots or so. My friend has the Matrix 380, and I find it really no harder to cock than the Exomax due to the shorter power stroke. I've cocked the new Micro, and it is tough even with the short power stroke. I think for someone like me, if I was to change, the Matrix 355 would be my 1st choice. The size of the limbs are not that much of a concern where I hunt, so the Exomax will be a fine crossbow for me hopefully for many years. My friend that has the Matrrix 380 told me the Exomax would last me a life time. - Dale . P.S. any thoughts, I would like feedback on this, Thanks.
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Dale wrote:I got myself a Exomax last year. I am 52 years old, only 5'5". I have no problem cocking the Exomax with the rope cocker. The only thing is the last inch or two is a bit of a stretch since I am rather short. When I go the the Bow Shop in Kitchener to do some target shooting, it does start to get difficult after about 25 shots or so. My friend has the Matrix 380, and I find it really no harder to cock than the Exomax due to the shorter power stroke. I've cocked the new Micro, and it is tough even with the short power stroke. I think for someone like me, if I was to change, the Matrix 355 would be my 1st choice. The size of the limbs are not that much of a concern where I hunt, so the Exomax will be a fine crossbow for me hopefully for many years. My friend that has the Matrrix 380 told me the Exomax would last me a life time. - Dale . P.S. any thoughts, I would like feedback on this, Thanks.
....thanks Dale....that is a good analysis of the Exomax by someone close in height...I mean I am the perfect weigh...just too short for that weight! :lol: :lol: :lol:

....can't wait to shoot one at Boofest....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings