Target for Broadheads???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shoebuck

Target for Broadheads???

Post by Shoebuck »

I was shooting some Slick Trick Broad heads out of my Micro Nightmare last evening. What a pain in the butt!!. Buried part of the fletch at 40 yds in a block. So I tried another Block target and same results. The Rienhart 18/1 stopped them but I pulled out 2 inserts/Broad heads. Leaving perfectly good broad heads in the target is not a good thing. Might have to build a sand pit, that is what I used many years ago. Hard on shafts and shines up your broad head but you can get them back.
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
paulaboutform

Re: Target for Broadheads???

Post by paulaboutform »

Sounds to me more like an adhesive problem than a target problem. Before shooting any more arrows into that target I suggest getting some extra long needle nose pliers and getting those broadheads out of the target. The Rinehart targets are about the best out there for broadheads. Are you shooting factory arrows?
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

They are too deep to get with pliers. I have checked the inserts on the arrows that I am using now and several came out on a twist- pull. Reinstalled with Loc Tight Super Glue and they seem ok.
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I also use lock-tite super glue on my brass inserts, knock on wood I haven't had one pull out yet and I've shot a bunch of broadheads into a Rinehart. A tip from Boo: before gluing in the insert, roll it between two files to rough it up and sort of knurl the insert, makes lots of little edges for the glue to grab onto. Also rough up the inside of the shaft for the same reason, you're basically creating more edges and more surface area for the glue to bond to. Clean both surfaces really good with acetone and don't touch them with your hands after cleaning.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers