Updated: Titanium Fastener Kits Now Available

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

foofoo

Re: Titanium Fastener Kits

Post by foofoo »

Titanium has benefits with rust and weight but has anyone looked into the torque specs from Excal especially on the limb bolts. the only concern id have is some metals like stainless can be brittle and will snap under high torque.dont know where Titanium sits spec wise with being brittle and possible issues of snapping especially on the limb bolts. i think Scorpyd xbows uses Titanium fasteners but there limbs dont see the poundage as a heavy recurve.if spec wise theres no issues id love 2 sets for a micro and 2 for a Matrix.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Derrick, I honestly suggest that someone start a "commitment list" and it should be posted to this forum...pending the outcome of a price...

....believe it or not I find that some people commit in words what they don't follow up in action :shock: :shock: :shock: ....maybe a list will jog people's "most sensitive nerve"; their wallet :shock: :shock: :shock: when the time comes to pay up!

....just my 2 cents learned from experience!

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
hard2draw

Post by hard2draw »

foofoo wrote:Titanium has benefits with rust and weight but has anyone looked into the torque specs from Excal especially on the limb bolts. the only concern id have is some metals like stainless can be brittle and will snap under high torque.dont know where Titanium sits spec wise with being brittle and possible issues of snapping especially on the limb bolts. i think Scorpyd xbows uses Titanium fasteners but there limbs dont see the poundage as a heavy recurve.if spec wise theres no issues id love 2 sets for a micro and 2 for a Matrix.
There shouldn't be any issues with a ti bolt swap as far as hardness titanium fasteners are usually the equivalent of a grade 5 steel
Another big plus for ti is that there wont be any galvanic corrosion with the titanium on aluminum unlike the factory steel bolts.

I would be interested in what kit becomes available for my nox.
Normous

Post by Normous »

foofoo wrote:Titanium has benefits with rust and weight but has anyone looked into the torque specs from Excal especially on the limb bolts. the only concern id have is some metals like stainless can be brittle and will snap under high torque.dont know where Titanium sits spec wise with being brittle and possible issues of snapping especially on the limb bolts. i think Scorpyd xbows uses Titanium fasteners but there limbs dont see the poundage as a heavy recurve.if spec wise theres no issues id love 2 sets for a micro and 2 for a Matrix.
I have been using ti.64 titanium limb to riser bolts in my 380 for 3 seasons now and since last summer in my 405 without issue. The limb strap supports part of the load at the riser to limb attachment point.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Put me down for two micros also !
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only

Post by newbie »

amythntr wrote:....Derrick, I honestly suggest that someone start a "commitment list" and it should be posted to this forum...pending the outcome of a price...

....believe it or not I find that some people commit in words what they don't follow up in action :shock: :shock: :shock: ....maybe a list will jog people's "most sensitive nerve"; their wallet :shock: :shock: :shock: when the time comes to pay up!

I talked to Derrick earlier today about this. It's my understanding that a certain amount of fasteners has to be purchased one way or the other so commitment will be on the vendor in Ohio to stock sell sort ship etc. Making a naughty list as suggested is unnecessary :wink: although I could stand to be on said list!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
fergie

Post by fergie »

newbie wrote:
amythntr wrote:....Derrick, I honestly suggest that someone start a "commitment list" and it should be posted to this forum...pending the outcome of a price...

I talked to Derrick earlier today about this. It's my understanding that a certain amount of fasteners has to be purchased one way or the other so commitment will be on the vendor in Ohio to stock sell sort ship etc. Making a naughty list as suggested is unnecessary :wink: although I could stand to be on said list!
I'm in for a pre-order list.......... hurry and take my money!!!!!
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Anthony, Say it ain't so. :shock: :shock: :shock:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Just to be clear, nobody is pre-ordering in this thread and I'm not looking to collect funds for this but I'll throw my PayPal address up here just in case someone just has the insatiable urge to give me cash: [email protected] :D

I was just looking to gauge interest and see if anyone had suggestions/feedback. When this is available, because at present it is not, I'll make sure to update you guys and you can place your orders by phone with The Man in Ohio.

I'm thinking they will sell well and judging from the interest in this thread, there's a market.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Solid19xX

Post by Solid19xX »

Count me in... 8)
Micro 335_Black (Leupold Mark AR Mod1 SPR)
Matrix 330_Black (Leupold FXII 2.5x20)
Matrix 355_RealTreeX (TactZone)
Mathews ZXT_Black (SpotHogg Hunter)
Summit Viper SD
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I will be wanting at least one set for the 330 since it is my hunting machine.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Big John

Post by Big John »

This is a very good idea. 8)
On a Micro, if every single bolt was changed out to Titanium, all of the rust looking bolts would be gone! Strength increased, looks increased, weight decreased. I see only Win Win!
I would be in for a complete Micro Set.

Hey Norm!!! If you read this, I like! :wink: :lol:
Kidding Norm. :mrgreen:

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

i'd be interested, hate the idea "stripping" anything. Would be neat to see the cost of such a venture :wink:

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
bubba

Post by bubba »

Commitment List? well if you think one is needed? Sure dont want any body getting ripped off, That thought never crossed my mind.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Put me down for my 355 Matrix and thanks. MIke