TT Trigger and Red Lever Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Re: TT Trigger and Red Lever Question

Post by 8ptbuk »

Normous wrote:Follow through is more critical using the TT but the reward is very positive in exchange.
Norm is correct. Just got off the phone with TT and they said the shooter must follow through or this can occur . I'm going to continue shooting it under a WATCHFUL EYE and see how things go .Thanks to everyone that replied and offered advice . Mike
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

it happens more often when i de-cock the crossbow.2 of my crossbows have the old style single catch lever ADF units. when this condition happens i have to let the string down and the serving gets beat up with all that pressure dead in the center of the serving.there customer service is top notch but i wish there was a fix.
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

Hi -

In regards to auto-cocking
If you do not follow through with the shot, there is a chance that it will auto-cock. This has to do with the amount of force from the high string loads and having the benefit of a lighter trigger.

Tapping
Tapping off the shot can lead to auto-cocking. Also, because our trigger is lighter, a shooter can be more prone to tap than pull through. So, it can take some time to get used to.

Follow-through
Technically, you are not supposed to tap off shots and a nice follow-through is suggested for best possible trigger control leading to higher accuracy (i.e. less jerking or jarring). This suggestion is for precision improvement in general, and not just for our triggers. You want to squeeze right to the back.

It just so happens that this good shooting habit also prevents any auto-cocking on our trigger. Please be mindful of follow-through and you should not have any issues.

If it does auto-cock: Quick Solution
If it does auto-cock, the solution is simple. Apply pressure on the back of the trigger lever with your thumb, you will hear or feel a click. At this point, you can just squeeze the trigger again and the latches will lift without effort.

If you have any continued issues after trying to follow-through with your shot, then please call to discuss.

Cheers,

TT
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I was considering a TT but after reading this I think I will keep the excalibur trigger.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

BrotherRon wrote:I was considering a TT but after reading this I think I will keep the excalibur trigger.
LOL! Mistake IMHO :wink:

I've run both the two stage hunter and single stage target TT triggers in my 380.
They have NEVER failed in any way whatsoever.
What was described by TT above is Bang On as far as accurate shooting goes.
Something I well understand from many years of long-range rifle competition.
Follow Through IS your Friend!

Personally I'll never have another bow without the TT trigger.
They've helped increased my accuracy to a nearly unbelievable stage - we're talking MOA at 80 yards and just slightly larger at 100! :D

Anyway, each to their own. I'll be Keeping mine... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Normous

Post by Normous »

Will TiggerTech join us at Boofest next month?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

following through a trigger having after travel can make for pulling issues. having to remind myself to pull through is something i wont remember every time. ive had issues with those H&R single shot guns with light pin strikes unless you pull all the way through so i have a little practice and had those fixed.it will be up to the buyer to decide if they can live with it. seems like the issue should be disclosed. i dont know of any other crossbow triggers that do it. i find it annoying and stresses the serving when i have to fix the condition. unless theres a fix i probably will stick to stock triggers as theyve seem to have gotten better.tested one of my micros yesterday and its right at 3.5 pounds.
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

foofoo wrote:following through a trigger having after travel can make for pulling issues. having to remind myself to pull through is something i wont remember every time. ive had issues with those H&R single shot guns with light pin strikes unless you pull all the way through so i have a little practice and had those fixed.it will be up to the buyer to decide if they can live with it. seems like the issue should be disclosed. i dont know of any other crossbow triggers that do it. i find it annoying and stresses the serving when i have to fix the condition. unless theres a fix i probably will stick to stock triggers as theyve seem to have gotten better.tested one of my micros yesterday and its right at 3.5 pounds.
Hi -

If the claw reset happens frequently, please give us a call. It should not be a frequent event and we would be happy to look at your trigger and replace if necessary.

1-888-795-1485.

Cheers,

TT
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

BrotherRon wrote:I was considering a TT but after reading this I think I will keep the excalibur trigger.
These incidences are very few and far between ,,you would be missin out by not experiencing the positive experience a TT delivers IMO,,, :wink:
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Folks I have been using a 2.5 hunter on several bows and have had nothing but pleasure from them I won't own anything else . I would also like to mention that Frank is a great person to deal with and TT was the only big company to donate to the Mo Shootout this year. This says a lot about a company to me !
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Mo wannabe wrote:Folks I have been using a 2.5 hunter on several bows and have had nothing but pleasure from them I won't own anything else . I would also like to mention that Frank is a great person to deal with and TT was the only big company to donate to the Mo Shootout this year. This says a lot about a company to me !

x2
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string