Who Knows Which Way the Wind Blows?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Waif

Re: Who Knows Which Way the Wind Blows?

Post by Waif »

People stink like people.
A deer when in the mood to sort things out in identifying what they hear,smell or see instead of going into an evasive mode, will often confirm by an additional sense just what caught their attention.
Even after confirming what is catching their attention some may then work on locating it,or triangulating it's position,or try to catch it moving.
The deer's original demeanor and if it has been harassed lately all factor.
If deer panicked or took off every time they smelled a human then in some areas they might run to death.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Big John wrote:What??? :shock:
Really? 2010?
:?

Big John
Interesting to me to read the names of the people who posted to the thread back then. Very few still here & posting for various reasons, but a shame they are gone. :roll:

BTW - I'm not as active anymore because I can't add to the discussions about the new Matrix/Micro models since I've decided to stick with my old model Phoenix. I've just never felt handicapped with the wide limbs or longer length for the hunting I do, and it really comes down to accuracy and a sharp broadhead that matters when filling the freezer. :lol:
wabi
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

[/quote]Wabi
BTW - I'm not as active anymore because I can't add to the discussions about the new Matrix/Micro models since I've decided to stick with my old model Phoenix. I've just never felt handicapped with the wide limbs or longer length for the hunting I do, and it really comes down to accuracy and a sharp broadhead that matters when filling the freezer. :lol:[/quote]
That doesn't mean you have to go to the other end of the corral. :lol:

I mainly went with the Matrix because of size... mine and the Matrix :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Gwens Dilemma

Post by Gwens Dilemma »

A mentor of mine had a one man sign shop. His hunting gear was always hung up there with the paint, thinners and what all smells year around. He smoked in his stand and peed on the ground from his tree stand and always got his deer and some came from downwind to him. I remember a doe that came from downwind to me after I sneezed real loud. I had a lit cigarette at the time and she came to about 8 yards. IMHO some of the stuff on the market today is to catch hunters. Look around you at all the people that just eat up every thing Bill Jordan or whoever promote on their TV shows. BTW I'm still shooting my old Exomag carved tip limb with aluminum bolts with Wasp broad heads and somehow still get my deer :wink:
Waif

Post by Waif »

Big John wrote:What??? :shock:
Really? 2010?
:?

Big John
Yep!
The wind still blows. :mrgreen:
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.