how many shots on your MICRO?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Chefrific

Re: how many shots on your MICRO?

Post by Chefrific »

Had around 200 shots through mine when the left limb split while cocking it.

Here is the entire history of my micro, so that we can wrap our heads around the issues a bit more. About a week after I bought the micro, I installed the "air brakes" pads, which required me to remove the limbs.
Not long after that I switched to one of Danny Miller's flemish strings.
I did notice after a while a "bump" when I was releasing the cocking rope after if clicked in place. Not every time, but most of the time.
Could feel the "bump" more on my foot that was in the stirrup.
I checked for loosened bolts and found nothing. But I'm wondering if there was something to that "bump" that led to my limb failure.

Could it have been something I did wrong when removing limbs, and installing air brakes?

Anyway, I sent my broken micro to Danny Miller and got it back within a few days. I asked Danny his thoughts on the micro limbs breaking and he said that it was rare, and not to worry. He also said that he doubted the string caused any damage.

I haven't shot it again yet but plan on putting it through it's paces to test it out.

I wonder how many limb breaks occurred with people using the new air brakes and/or using custom strings?

Just a thought.
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I had that "bump" too after releasing the cocking rope. It was a loose trigger box screw.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
p0nypwr

Post by p0nypwr »

I had one or two more shots on mine than "marlinmonty" with the same setup, stock Quill with 125grain target heads, until my right lib blew when cocking it.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

p0nypwr wrote:I had one or two more shots on mine than "marlinmonty" with the same setup, stock Quill with 125grain target heads, until my right lib blew when cocking it.

....I see you are new here...so first welcome aboard....I like you was and am very frustrated...I suggest that you contact Danny Miller at 1.740.483.2312...fax 1.740.483.2030 and pack up and send the limbs (both) back to him with the riser...he will have you up and running again in no time...

....I got mine back in 8 total days turnaround...

....I even called Excalibur and ordered me a back up limb set...for the just in case scenarios...

Good luck...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings