Looking for scope recommendations

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

NonTypicalCPA

Looking for scope recommendations

Post by NonTypicalCPA »

I'm looking to replace the stock scope on my M380 and need some input. I'm looking for a scope with very good low light performance with good eye relief and it must have a lighted reticle. I'm tired of having to spend time "lining up" my eye and the scope to avoid the scope being dark, and am also not happy with the light gathering in low light conditions. What would you recommend?
vixenmaster

Re: Looking for scope recommendations

Post by vixenmaster »

I would say the Zeiss XB75 but you want it Illuminated, so scratch that. I don't knowed of a great scope fer crossbows that is Illuminated
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

For me if money was not a factor it would be the Leupold VXR 2x7x33. Hands down the best scope for crossbows! I am saving my pennies for one...

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Normous

Post by Normous »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:For me if money was not a factor it would be the Leupold VXR 2x7x33. Hands down the best scope for crossbows! I am saving my pennies for one...

Jeff
X2, The Leupold Firedot reticle is amazing and the VX R low light performance is very desirable where I hunt in thick bushlot whitetail habitats.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
NonTypicalCPA

Post by NonTypicalCPA »

Looks like around $500 new. How well does a longer rifle scope fit on a Matrix? Does it affect the balance/weight much compared to the shorter stock scopes?
NonTypicalCPA

Post by NonTypicalCPA »

[/quote]
X2, The Leupold Firedot reticle is amazing and the VX R low light performance is very desirable where I hunt in thick bushlot whitetail habitats.[/quote]

Do you have any pictures of you bow with the Leupold VX R? I'd love to see what it looks like with the longer scope.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Call David @ wyvern creations and you can have him send you a Zeiss scope on approval, you don't pay unless you want to keep it.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

The EOTech 512 xbow is fantastic in low light and it has unlimited eye relief . If you need magnification there are some affordable magnifiers . There is enough room on the excalibur scope rail if you decide to use one .

Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Normous wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:For me if money was not a factor it would be the Leupold VXR 2x7x33. Hands down the best scope for crossbows! I am saving my pennies for one...

Jeff
X2, The Leupold Firedot reticle is amazing and the VX R low light performance is very desirable where I hunt in thick bushlot whitetail habitats.
X3. Normous turned me on to this scope and I'm forever grateful. I ended up getting the 3-9×40 only because it was a couple hundred dollars less. My favorite reticle is the ballistic firedot reticle. Check Amazon, free shipping in the U.S..

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Also the Hawke XB-30 Pro is one very good scope, and has the lighted reticle....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Don't leave the Vortex xbow scope off your list to check. I've tried them all and it is my choice by a long shot.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Here is the VXR 2-7 on the M380.

On the Henegar 405.

VXR review here:
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... xr#p477697
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I recommend the VXR with a Firedot reticle. They are great in low light and the firedot illumination is ideal, useful illumination unlike what you'll get with inferior optics. They don't have a crossbow specific reticle, but the Ballistic Reticle, duplex and Special Purpose Reticle give you useful holdovers at bow hunting ranges, (20,30,40).

I have a 1.25-4x VXR Patrol on the Trading Post...just giving you a heads up. :D. If I sell it, I'm replacing it with a 2-7 or a 3-9 VXR.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I want a multi reticle for my hunting scope, when I look into the scope and know my deer is 30, 40, 50, whatever yardage it is at I want to able to look and use the crosshair that I know is dead on at werever and be ready to pu;ll the trigger when he gioves me the shot I want. The new XB-30 that will be available next week is much improved over the last to XB-30 Pro models, and will give any crossbow dedicated scope a run for its money, with a lighted reticle, that is useable in last light!!

See My mini review, (NEW XB-30 ,,,NEW AND IMPROVED)
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!