New 405 problems

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jerry1982

Re: New 405 problems

Post by Jerry1982 »

Thanks Paul I'll be doing this today thanks again I love this forum, is good for beginners like me with the Excalibur crossbow, I think I'm on the right place after suffering xtring and other problems with Barnett I'll be asking a few more questions if you guy's don't mint.
SEW

Post by SEW »

It's very important to really know that there are actually problems with a product and that the real problem is not our own misunderstanding before stating a product has a problem on a public forum!
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Cobra wrote:Mine are going from left to right and look and feel more like splintering. I'll take some pictures in the am. My string is pushing down very hard on the rubber stops so brace height is ZERO. What should it be and how would I adjust it on a cross bow. Thanks for all of y'all's help. This thing is wicked fast!!!

I have that on my axiom.. I thought the same thing you did when I first noticed it.. showed my dad, and he has it in his phoenix too.. just cosmetic.. will not affect the limbs at all.. the phoenix was mine like 6 years ago, and it's never had an issue with it..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Ya Woodys and Excalibur told me the same thing.
Foxinthehenhaus

Post by Foxinthehenhaus »

Great Read and answers to the same issues I came upon. Wiser for it.
Jerry1982

Post by Jerry1982 »

On my matrix 405 the book that comes with it on the page 8 they say that. The the scope mount or Guardian Anti-Dry-Fire mount standard on some models has been installed on your crossbow at the factory using Blue Loctite to prevent the screws from loosening. I tried to remove the screws and they are really stuck I believe I don't have to do it again what you guys think
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Jerry1982 wrote:On my matrix 405 the book that comes with it on the page 8 they say that. The the scope mount or Guardian Anti-Dry-Fire mount standard on some models has been installed on your crossbow at the factory using Blue Loctite to prevent the screws from loosening. I tried to remove the screws and they are really stuck I believe I don't have to do it again what you guys think
If they've been loktited there's no need to do it twice. Just keep an eye on it because if your groups suddenly start changing that'll be one of the first suspects. Also, be mindful of maintaining a proper and consistent brace height. If you're unsure of what that is and how to adjust it don't be shy to ask. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Jerry1982 wrote:On my matrix 405 the book that comes with it on the page 8 they say that. The the scope mount or Guardian Anti-Dry-Fire mount standard on some models has been installed on your crossbow at the factory using Blue Loctite to prevent the screws from loosening. I tried to remove the screws and they are really stuck I believe I don't have to do it again what you guys think
Jerry , I take a pencil and put a small mark on each screw at 12 O' clock so I can notice at a glance if they've loosened up any .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Jerry1982

Post by Jerry1982 »

Thanks a lot guys you are a really good help. Another question aliminun or plastic nocks witch is better I heard that the aluminum ones cut the string. I'm waiting for my optimazer and air break to start shooting the Xbox I can't wait
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Jerry1982 wrote:Thanks a lot guys you are a really good help. Another question aliminun or plastic nocks witch is better I heard that the aluminum ones cut the string. I'm waiting for my optimazer and air break to start shooting the Xbox I can't wait

.....Jerry1982, please don't shoot the "Xbox"....I am sure you can find much more suitable targets to shoot at....just mail the Xbox to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)

PS: ....just funning with ya! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Jerry1982

Post by Jerry1982 »

Hello guys now I'm having with the HHA optimazer, in other words I can put on the crossbow is hitting the cooking device and also when I turn the speed dial on the hha hits the anti dry fire mechanism help please I'm frustrated right now with this.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Jerry1982 wrote:Hello guys now I'm having with the HHA optimazer, in other words I can put on the crossbow is hitting the cooking device and also when I turn the speed dial on the hha hits the anti dry fire mechanism help please I'm frustrated right now with this.
The HHA optimizer requires the use of an extension bracket on Excalibur models with the ADF. You'll need to order and install that to comfortably cock the crossbow. It's about a $15 value and takes no time to install, just 2 screws.

Side note: I could not find this part in Canada for the life of me and no dealers in Canada carry it, only sold in US and shipping was higher than the value of the item. I called HHA sports and they sent me one on the house...GREAT CS.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Jerry1982

Post by Jerry1982 »

I got it I figured out haaaaaaa
Jerry1982

Post by Jerry1982 »

Hello what you guys recommend me go with a light bolt, or go heavy. :?:
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Jerry1982 wrote:Hello what you guys recommend me go with a light bolt, or go heavy. :?:
Something around 400gr is a happy medium, where you'll get great speed, awesome penetration and in theory, better limb life. I have found 400gr to be more accurate out of my Matrix 405 than 350gr or 375gr arrows.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits