Target capable of handling the 405...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gamikatsu

Target capable of handling the 405...

Post by Gamikatsu »

so, i for whatever reason never made a old clothes burlap sack target for my bows. never had a need, commercial bag targets always worked well enough for me. Well, until i got the 405. it literally blows through targets rated to handle 400 fps "Bolts" (not getting into the bolt vs arrow discussion, i do in fact know our cross bows shoot arrows). The arrows shot straight through and continued on to either be found damaged, shattered, or never again. Then i decided to make a old clothes sack target. i can't believe it. 405 at 10 yards, shot only 1/2 the arrow deep. my 4 year old daughter pulled the arrow out without even effort. I don't know about longevity, but i'm a believer!!!

i am sighted dead in a 20 yards and i have chronographed my bow to shoot 398 fps with a Diablo arrow and 150 grain field point. 400 grain arrows. 140 Foot pounds of Kinetic energy.

Now i have two things left to do, verify that my speed setting on the scope is the same as my chronographed numbers, (i'm sure it won't be, i'll have to adjust it for distance). Make sure things are kosher at 30-60 yards, and then do this all over again with bolt cutters... speaking of which... what targets do yall heavy hitters use with broadheads?
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
bubba

Re: Target capable of handling the 405...

Post by bubba »

The best i've ever seen is the Spider Web for field points. The one that is 18"x18" x 14" is unreal. Tested one at South Shore Archery. And came home with one, two finger release. 129.00 dollars. Can't say enough about this target. The best in my humble opinion....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)