Makena's Angels

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nobletrapper

Makena's Angels

Post by nobletrapper »

I cannot begin to discribe how grateful we feel for having the oppurtunity to meet so many amazing people at Boo Fest
The generosity of all of you there and those not able to be there is beyond amazing.
We are speechless and extremely moved by you all. We were made to feel like part of a family. And we are excited and look forward to helping with next years fundraising for another family. Please know that every dollar will be spent to improve makena's life during treatment. We are still uncertin about my income for the next 18 months of treatment but with all your hard work we can rest much easier. I will be keeping these funds in a dedicated account. Once our fight is over. If possible Whatever remains will go back to boofest that year to the next deserving family. Please know that you all have a special place on our hearts. We look forward to being part of the group next year! Thank you does not seem to be enough. But THANK YOU
Julie Chris Caiden and Makena Noble
Julie & Chris Noble.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Makena's Angels

Post by Doe Master »

Believe me . Outdoors people are sometimes made fun of . Names like redneck or bumpkins .
But they are most times the first to lend a hand up .
You have a very brave young lady there .
I hope the call didn`t drive you nuts yet . :)
Thank you
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Big John

Post by Big John »

I knew the right decision of recipient was chosen as soon as I greeted you! :D
Makena is a Beautiful little girl!!!
I was Honoured to help you as much as I did. And wish I could have done even more. :) I know what is required during these times and please use every penny as you need to.
Most happy to meet all of you !!! :D
Mostly, without Don (Boo) this would not have happened.
He was the driving Angel here! :D

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
nobletrapper

Post by nobletrapper »

I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures so please be patient with me. Makena went into the bank today and the total funds raised with the exchange is $17 074.77
And makena had 161.30 in her teddy bear bank from folks at boo fest and big john made the beautiful bank
Julie & Chris Noble.
Big John

Post by Big John »

Beautiful !!!! :D :D :D
She deserves a little shopping spree!!! :D
Please tell her my girls got one of those banks as well. :wink: They save and save in the coin bank, then one day, BAM!, they open it and go spend!!! :lol: :lol:

Hope to hear and see update pics as she goes thru all the treatments and even after!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

It was a great honor to meet all of you. Please thank Makena again for all her help with ticket sales, drawing tickets and passing out the wins. She was a trooper. You all will have a special place in my heart.

Good luck on the bear hunt.

Many thoughts and prayers over the next 18 months.

Cookies (Gena)
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

She looks like such a happy little girl.
I wish I could have made it this year
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

Julie, random acts of kindness can change the world.
The only thing I can say to Makena is that I wish I could do more. It was a sobering moment when I first laid eyes on Makena, fully realizing at that moment, that I cannot provide her with what she really needs. I really had a hard time stifling the tears.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

time will fix those fingers but this week end will will stay in my memory for the rest of my life. A lot of great people that shake hand with a large smile and lots of story, it's not easy to leave Boonville with this wonderful duet Karen and Don that make that meeting possible . I'll always remember Makena's smile, this young girl gave to me a strong message ENJOY THE PRESENT MOMENT AS I'M DOING,
Thank you Makena to gave more than you received.
Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
Tom

Post by Tom »

Julie, I was very happy to meet you, Makena and your family. Now you will always be a member of BooFest no mater what. Your little girl is precious. With all she is going through, she still has that beautiful smile.

As Marcel (tremps01) said, Makena gave more then she received. Just to see how brave she is, is a lesson to all us adults. I have had family members in the past going through the same thing and some people helped out with expenses so I understand that he need. I am just happy I and this Excalibur family can help in some way.

Thank you.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
nobletrapper

Post by nobletrapper »

What to thank everyone again for an amazing day and your kindness. Don and karin you are fantastic host and work very hard. Please feel free to ask for help next year if there is anything i can do
We will fundraise. But food. Prizes u name it i will work on it. Makena"s steroids started to kick her energy level by sunday night. She has been fatigued and suffers back pain with the meds but with this heat a few days of resting on the couch watching tv has been fine for us both.. The symptoms are short lived and should be back to herself by the weekend. Thank u all so much again. ♡♡♡
Julie & Chris Noble.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Julie, I truly enjoyed meeting you and your family. It was great watching Makena running around in her fancy dress and playing....then playing shy and hiding behind Chris. :lol: The strength and courage I've witnessed in you all has been humbling for me and I feel like a better person for having met you all. Jesus bless you all.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:Julie, I truly enjoyed meeting you and your family. It was great watching Makena running around in her fancy dress and playing....then playing shy and hiding behind Chris. :lol: The strength and courage I've witnessed in you all has been humbling for me and I feel like a better person for having met you all. Jesus bless you all.

Paul

....couldn't have said it more eloquently than my brother Paul...I too was humbled by meeting Makena and both of you...May the Lord watch over her and provide His healing hand to this terrible disease...May He be glorified each and every day in your walk...Proverbs 3:5-6 states; "Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.…" I believe the Lord holds many positive things for Makena and your family...Just look at all the people she has already touched!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »