Hunting dogs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Red Label

Post by Red Label »

great story...there is a group that specializes in deer searching with dogs.

http://www.deersearch.org/

BTW - here is my Heidi, aka Lucy Loo :wink:

Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Great story...and I agree with Gary...mabey your on to something there Gary...I know around here that would bring in the bucks :lol: :lol:

sorry for about your lose there Ray.

I have a choclate lab Im workin on now to scent a downed deer..hope he picks it up. His name is Buster..hes a damn good dog learnin fast..Buster is still a pup but if he fills out like I hope he should be around 90- 100 lbs.. :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
skeeter

Post by skeeter »

Consider the German Wired Haired Pointer.My boy can do it all.Retrieve,point,run deer ,rabbits and a heck of a couch potato and guard dog.My family used to raise springers for years and thier an excellent bread but i think the wire hair has them slightly beat as an all round hunter.If your planning on having a house/hunting dog ,you have to excercise him daily because the wire hair will likely chew something you don,t want him to.Half hour or so of fetch will keep him happy.Other than that they make a great house dog.The wire hair is a good deer dog because they will only run a couple of hundred yards or so then come back.Unlike a hound breed that will go for miles.Just my opinion.Skeeter :)
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

We live on the same road as FED-EX. That's how I lost jose and one other dog. I'm going to buy another lab but we're going to fence in the back yard first. Hoss, try the deer leg in the gut bucket, I think you'll be suprised at how fast your dog will pick it up.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray