Shipping a scope from the US to Canada

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ont_Excal

Re: Shipping a scope from the US to Canada

Post by Ont_Excal »

Well, I will be researching this further at the source. (DHS)
There is no cost below a certain value of goods exported.
SED or (shipping export declaration) can be filed electronically.
we shall see.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Bones

Post by Bones »

I've had 5 can't remember maybe 6 sent from wyvern to me ( buy for buddies as well so their wive's don't find out..lol ).. never a problem and no extra charge's alway's the normal 7-9 day's for delivery from him. Don't know if he has an export permit or what not? Back when our dollar was at or near par.
kamont

Post by kamont »

ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and the EAR (Export Administration Regulations) are export control regulations run by different departments of the US Government. Both of them are designed to help ensure that defense related technology does not get into the wrong hands.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Because of all the different departments involved it does get confusing because you can look at one website and figure your safe then look at another departments website and it says another, but I can guarantee 100% it's illegal, and as said a huge penalty to the person shipping it out of the USA.

What's also confusing is that most people look at the Canadian border crossing website, or talk to them directly, and they will say scopes are fine as is 5000 rounds of ammo and SO MANY POUNDS OF powder etc and so you think it's legal for you to cross with all these items because you are not breaking CANADIAN LAWS, but you are in fact breaking AMERICAN laws.

I was discussing this with Norm a while back, I will try to find the thread, the info u need is there
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone