Custom arrows for my Micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ACobra

Custom arrows for my Micro

Post by ACobra »

Hello. Just went through an arrow building test for my Micro and the results were so good I felt inclined to join and create this post. I have a ton of old aluminum shafts in different sizes from hunting with aluminum for 30 years before switching to carbons. For the Micro I cut XX75's - 2317 to 16 inches(13.3 gpi/213g) and then glued a 5 inch section of a 2117 shaft(12gpi/60g) inside the 2317 directly behind a new standard insert. Glued in new inserts for nocks, EZ Fletched with a 100 grain head and the total weight is right at 405 grains. These bolts are accurate! Fly like darts! Noticably better than the Quills that came with it. Cant wait to deer hunt with them. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but if u have an arrow saw it is easy. U can customize any bolts FOC to your liking and I am sure there are many possible combo's for aluminum and carbon shafts. I just used the 2317/2117 combo because that's what I had the most of, for a few bucks in inserts and vanes I have a couple dozen awesome bolts. By the way, the micro is absolutely accurate!
paulaboutform

Re: Custom arrows for my Micro

Post by paulaboutform »

Great idea and welcome to the forum! :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
bubba

Post by bubba »

paulaboutform wrote:Great idea and welcome to the forum! :D

Paul
X-2 And welcome to the forum..Oh and happy trails with your new bow..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

Welcome to the forum.

Happy Trails
Stephen
Matrix 380
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Great idea . Wen you run out just go with regular 2219s ive been putting a 53grain xtra weight up front with a125 grain head @440 grain total been workin great out to 60 yard with the micro .you wont need to do the extra cutting
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ACobra wrote:Hello. Just went through an arrow building test for my Micro and the results were so good I felt inclined to join and create this post. I have a ton of old aluminum shafts in different sizes from hunting with aluminum for 30 years before switching to carbons. For the Micro I cut XX75's - 2317 to 16 inches(13.3 gpi/213g) and then glued a 5 inch section of a 2117 shaft(12gpi/60g) inside the 2317 directly behind a new standard insert. Glued in new inserts for nocks, EZ Fletched with a 100 grain head and the total weight is right at 405 grains. These bolts are accurate! Fly like darts! Noticably better than the Quills that came with it. Cant wait to deer hunt with them. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but if u have an arrow saw it is easy. U can customize any bolts FOC to your liking and I am sure there are many possible combo's for aluminum and carbon shafts. I just used the 2317/2117 combo because that's what I had the most of, for a few bucks in inserts and vanes I have a couple dozen awesome bolts. By the way, the micro is absolutely accurate!
....nice to have you aboard Acobra...hope you stick around and provide info and learn a things or two....why not complete your registration so we know where you hail from...thanks again and welcome aboard...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort »

Great idea, welcome to the forum
Matrix 380 blackout
18" Zombies/92 gr. brass inserts
100 gr. Slick Trick Mag
18" Spinal Tapp's
170 gr F.O.C's
NChunter/BOO/ VixenMaster strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Welcome aboard, all tinkering is good tinkering if it yields the results you like!
Happy Hunting! :D
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Welcome to the addiction... :D
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Congrats with your new Bow and arrows,,,,welcome to the forum!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Welcome and congrats on your purchase, you made a wise decision to join the forum and thanks for your arrow recipe contributions! The micro appears to be very tolerant of whatever you want to send downrange.

I am shooting 17" zombies with 170gr broadheads, aluminum inserts, 2" Blazers and a Lumenock for a total arrow weight of 395gr...very accurate also.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits