Customer Service is Still Alive....Barely.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Customer Service is Still Alive....Barely.

Post by ecoaster »

Phoned the manager of store "X" this morning and had a slightly heated debate over my recent puchase :evil: . I told him if the item was a few dollars higher, I wouldn't care, but it was 50% higher than at another store. He said their policy was returns get exchanged for store credit, and that's the way it is. I told him his store was first in line for all my outdoor dollars and if he would not make this exception I would give those dollars to his competitor down the road.

He then told me that he would return my money this one time :x . I thanked him and told him I will continue to shop there now that I know all the "rules". I'll see him this week and shake his hand instead of the middle finger salut :wink:.

It was a small battle, but good business prevailed. Nice to know some people still want to keep loyal customers.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I hear ya bstout. That's how I handle my everyday encounters. It can be a little trying at times because I work in the construction industry and most people I deal with trust no one and don't think twice about telling you off. I just walk away from situations like that and tell them I'll be back when they want to have an adult discussion.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

you can get more bees with honey vs vinegar... :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:shock: :shock: Well for us that shop in the different hunting/fishing stores in the Hamilton/Burlington/GTA....it woudl be nice to know the store name os that we do not run into the same problem..... :wink: ....Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Brampton Mike,

The store was Pro Gear in Hamilton. They've got a great selection of fishing/hunting gear and the staff really know their stuff. Like I said, this was the only problem I ever had with them. Guess I just missed the neon sign and flashing lights around the retun policy :wink: .
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Someone that would try to take me with a 50% higher price than competition has already shown me plenty of who they are. I'm not so sure I would set a foot back in that store. What was their explanation for this wacked out price? And a policy that states "exchange for store credit only" tells me plenty too.

I'm glad you got your money back. :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.

Pricing

Post by Guest »

Woodsman,

In my role in engineering custom solutions, I have the responsibility to define costs and set prices. The reactions vary by customer and expectations, nevertheless ....

Sometimes we error in their favour and sometimes we error in our favour.
Sometimes our suppliers error, we do not catch this and pass the error down.

A high price may not of abuse, but an error. I say this because - I and other I know have done it, with no intent of harming our good customers.
raspberry patch

Post by raspberry patch »

Woodsman,

Sorry, I forgot to login to the above post on making errors!

David
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Yeah, I've done some mistakes myself. Was it a mistake? Or do they continue to sell at the same price?
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.