Longest Service...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Outback

Re: Longest Service...

Post by Outback »

I've been shooting the same Equinox for 9 yrs. Target shooting, hunting, this Equinox gets a lot of time in the field. It's been dropped, bumped, dry fired and yet it gets regular attention and will shoot lasers. Love this bow and have been considering a newer model however I believe this Equinox will be with me for a good many years.

outback
Jc1

Post by Jc1 »

That is one of the reason I went with an Excalibur, they can last forever or the warranty is so good, you can get it fixed and keep them going.
Waif

Post by Waif »

Fullquiver wrote:The reason I asked was that before I had to go to crossbows my vertical bow a Darton was over 20years old, but after my brain tumor I could no longer shoot it... So I started with a Horton then a Wicked Ridge and now I have an Axiom and plan on hunting with it as long as I can. Hopefully 30+ years for me....
Your Axiom is a good candidate for a long run.
Decent care should insure it, with a few minor fastener replacements if torn down often.
I still have my Hoyt Easton Impala from around 1980, the last year made I think, whatever one that was.
Tough limbs, and I may have created a test the manufacturer did not :oops: though it was claimed they used them for leaf springs in one test.
It's me not it that created a need to go to crossbow here too.

Woodville! it's been years and probably could not find the place hunted there easy anymore. There were deer though.
I do recall low ground with some cedars on the big curve that always caught my eye for some reason....
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

Waif wrote: Woodville! it's been years and probably could not find the place hunted there easy anymore. There were deer though.
I do recall low ground with some cedars on the big curve that always caught my eye for some reason....

Waif; I was born and raised here will probably die here it is a great place to hunt deer and you are right that corner with the cedars and low ground is great hunting... I f you ever get up in this neck of the woods again look me up.. There are plenty of deer (actually too many) and I would be glad to share a couple days hunting with you....
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
Waif

Post by Waif »

Mighty kind of you, I might take you up on that.
Relocating that public land would be interesting to see how it's looking.
It would be exciting to get into an appreciable number of deer again.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Tom wrote:...after many years of searching, I came across an "Astro Daco Scropion 150lb" which has the same limb so I do have a little safety line, but it would no longer the an "orginal".

Tom
I used to have a Scorpion, given to me by a friend, then I gave it to ol' Digger.
My friend went through 2 or 3 limbs due to splintering issues with the Scorpion. I seem to recall it had a rather long draw length.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount