Gold Tip Laser 2 Bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Benny

Gold Tip Laser 2 Bolts

Post by Benny »

My buddy bought new Gold tip laser 2 arrows from excalibur , but after shooting them into feed bags stuffed with shrink wrap the tips & inserts are coming out. I'm shooting aluminum bolts and the hot glue works great but I don't think you can apply heat to carbons. Does anyone have the same problems? If so how do I help this guy out? Thanks in advance for your help.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

many many many similar stories to tell. :(

the latest ones I'm getting from BJ are glued in with 24 hour epoxy and they have not been blowing out.

PS - I have used ferr-l-tite hot melt on the inserts and glued them into carbons with no apparent problems too.

Mikey Vee
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Red Label wrote:many many many similar stories to tell. :(

the latest ones I'm getting from BJ are glued in with 24 hour epoxy and they have not been blowing out.

PS - I have used ferr-l-tite hot melt on the inserts and glued them into carbons with no apparent problems too.

Mikey Vee
Right on Red Label I lost 4 brass this past week, I am going to use epoxy. I was told the jell super glue works ok, but think the epoxy would be better.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

Post by Guest »

gorila glue worked for me
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

Red Label wrote:many many many similar stories to tell. :(

Mikey Vee

I agree with Mike...heat the glue, and then apply it to the insert...then pass the insert over the flame for just a split second, and then push it into the shaft...hope this helps...BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

I have used the gel type super glue and had no problems. You have to be quick though or the insert will stick half way in. I put and old,dull, two blade broadhead into the insert all the way before applying the glue. This gives you a handle and as I push the insert in, I twist at the same time. This spreads the glue evenly and insures an even bond. Haven't lost an insert since doing it this way.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3