Getting Close

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Getting Close

Post by xcaliber »

Today we had a stiff North breeze blow in, and temps will dip near 50 F tonight. It is early for such temps. here in mid August, and the trees look a bit odd. Is there an early Fall in the works? The Almanac predicts a harsh winter here, and winter conditions beyond normal range. I love the Fall, and Winter, so I'm hoping they are right! :lol: :lol:
Hoping the Skeeters are dead early this Fall, and everyone enjoys the outdoors, hunting buddies, and memories to last for many years. Harvesting a nice deer, doe, or buck does not matter, just the successful hunt is all most seek.
As we age, our experience gets refined, but our physical limits are more challenged. For the seasoned fellas, be careful, know your limits, return home healthy, joyful, and satisfied, for the younger fellas, help us old farts out please! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Re: Getting Close

Post by vixenmaster »

It was 52 degrees here this mornin :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Mike, I know you're ready! Good luck with Dan's bow, may the joy replace the pain, and the experience lift your heart!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

It was hunting weather here too!
It should come pretty fast now! (Sept-12)
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-2 Dan, hope your season is a good one, there is a change in the air....In more ways than just the season..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Well said Dan !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

54 here at the house w/ a little breeze, i kinda grinned as i stepped out of the house this morning :wink:
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

The weather has been yo yoing up and down temp wise from low 60 ' s and 70 ' s at night to upper 80's and low 90 ' s during the day here in south jersey.

However...the leaves are starting to turn and fall already and the oaks are loaded down with huge acorns!

I have a feeling it's gonna be a cold fall/winter and with the heavy acorns a fun time persuading the deer to eat corn.

Thankfully I have some oaks I should be able to hunt by, that or convert my two small gravity feeders to handle acorns and not corn. Hmmmm
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Storm. My area is also loaded with pin oaks acorns. I mean it's going to be a huge mast crop. We should have some fat deer this year in NJ
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
wabi

Post by wabi »

It feels like fall is here tonight, but I have a feeling there will be more hot weather before fall is really here.
Sure wish squirrel season was open tomorrow, though. (Sept. 1 is the opener)
Fun to get in a few squirrel hunts before deer season arrives, and it's a lot easier to get my son out of bed for a squirrel hunt than it is for school. :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Mid 70's for a high yesterday, as opposed to 106 10 days ago. That's a NICE difference!! :D but.....It'll be hot by tomorrow again. T'aint fair!
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Talltines wrote:Storm. My area is also loaded with pin oaks acorns. I mean it's going to be a huge mast crop. We should have some fat deer this year in NJ
Lol. And the way things are going once they start falling look out. My one hunting buddy calls them crack for deer and I believe him!

When's your season start? Mine starts Oct 3rd in my zone for fall bow.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

Well said Dan. Temp at my place this morning is 54 f, sun coming up and coffee is ready. Life is good. I don't think fall is here yet, like was said, but the cool temps. are enjoyed by me. Be SAFE Everyone.

Happy Trails
Stephen
Matrix 380
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:Today we had a stiff North breeze blow in, and temps will dip near 50 F tonight. It is early for such temps. here in mid August, and the trees look a bit odd. Is there an early Fall in the works? The Almanac predicts a harsh winter here, and winter conditions beyond normal range. I love the Fall, and Winter, so I'm hoping they are right! :lol: :lol:
Hoping the Skeeters are dead early this Fall, and everyone enjoys the outdoors, hunting buddies, and memories to last for many years. Harvesting a nice deer, doe, or buck does not matter, just the successful hunt is all most seek.
As we age, our experience gets refined, but our physical limits are more challenged. For the seasoned fellas, be careful, know your limits, return home healthy, joyful, and satisfied, for the younger fellas, help us old farts out please! :lol: :lol:
.... Perfectly stated Dan... I could not have said it any better so I will just tag on a X2....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

51 degrees this mornin :) oh yeah its drawin near n i have my grin from ear to ear!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315