Matrix 355 Trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wvnitroman

Matrix 355 Trigger

Post by wvnitroman »

I hope the trigger on my new 355 gets better than it is now. It is really rough and has really long travel. :(
xcaliber

Re: Matrix 355 Trigger

Post by xcaliber »

Mine was sweet for a while, then got a gritty feel to it. I popped in the Trigger Tech, great move for me! I put one in my 330 also, but went with the Single Stage there, it is very nice!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

after a year and bout 500 shots i sent mine in. RMA that rascal through Excalibur! :wink: bout a 6 day turn around for me. much, much better! wish i did it sooner.

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
bubba

Post by bubba »

Interesting... The trigger on my 355 right now is sweet. I did add the red trigger cause it looks pretty.. But if an issue do'es arise i'll be sure to have some thing done. Starvin' Hillbilly did you just call Excalbur and they said send it in? Or were there other steps you had to go through?
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Starvin' Hillbilly

bubba,
on this site (Excalibur), click home, then support, then create a "New Account" bottom of page (which is totally separate from forum account) fill in yer info and bam! got an email back w/ my RMA# in bout 15 min!, i just packaged it up and sent it in! :wink:

-ken

PS . . . they also provide the address where to send it!
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
bubba

Post by bubba »

Thanks for the heads up.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Mine is fine for a hunting trigger... there is a little travel but no grit.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

The trigger on my 355 was acceptable but I'm an admitted trigger wuss and had already experienced the joys of a TT trigger so it was a foregone conclusion that I was getting one for the new 355. I also went with the single stage (first one was a two stage) and really like it.

I'm with Hillbilly, send that bad boy in to have them touch it up. Might just be some crud worked it way into the sear or may be a fine "burr" there. Either way they will look at it and give it that "personal' touch which will ensure you will get back a very nice trigger. One of the main virtues of the Excalibur company that is repeated here is the great job they do of taking care of their customers. Avail yourself of that opportunity, you will not be disappointed!

Wade
Matrix 355 - "Spike"
20 " BE Executioners, 110 gr brass inserts, 2" blazers
NAP 100 gr Spitfires
Wyvern Flemish String
DM Bumpers
Semper Fi!
Starvin' Hillbilly

Wade
Matrix 355 - "Spike"
NAP 100 gr Spitfires
Wyvern Flemish String
DM Bumpers
Semper Fi!..................................................... :arrow: 8)
Trigger1212

-ken
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Hah! Ken, besides bein a Hillbilly I knew there was a reason I liked you! Keep shootin' straight Brother!

Regards,

Wade
Semper Fi!
Matrix 355 - "Spike"
NAP 100 gr Spitfires
Wyvern Flemish String
DM Bumpers
Semper Fi!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I have the 2 stage TT in my 355 best money I've ever spent.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
wvnitroman

Post by wvnitroman »

I will probably send my trigger back but also consider TT. What are the pros and cons of the single stage and two stage?
Shadytree

Post by Shadytree »

Excalibur should do it right the first time. I took mine apart, no attempt made to remove the rough machining marks on the contact surfaces. Excalibur could remedy the situation entirely by spending an extra 5 minutes on each trigger before assembly. Why don't they? $$$$$ I guess.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Consider having a Boo trigger job done. It's less than half the price of a custom trigger and you won't recognize it as a stock trigger in any way! I've had about five done and love them. I also have the custom triggers but are they far superior to Boo's? No. Jmo.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

WVN,

There are no pros or cons to single or two stage triggers, just a matter of preference. I had a stint in the military where most everything has a two stage trigger so was used to it. In case you did not know, with a two stage trigger the initial trigger pull has some easy pull to it, just finger pressure against a spring, moves freely, no movement of the sear. Once this initial stage is moved through then you will "hit the wall" and the trigger pressure will actually trip the sear. The two stage is something of a safety feature (IMO) in that it lets you know that you are pressing the trigger, settle on target and then when you hit the wall you know that just a bit more pressure will break the trigger.

A single stage has virtually no "slack" in it. The trigger will be at "the wall" as soon as you start to press it. You may have some "creep" in the sear travel but no long easy first stage.

Just a matter of preference. If you like to "play" with your trigger while sighting then so 2 stage. If you like a "solid" feeling trigger then go with the single stage. My first TT was 2 stage and this time I tried out the single stage. Took me a few shots to get the single stage down, couple of the arras weren't QUITE aimed where I wanted them to go when the sear broke but now I really like it. Either way you cannot go wrong.

As Hillbilly said, have Boo do a trigger job and save yourself some dough, THEN if your still not satisfied give the TT a try. I like my TT and will get another one when the time comes but done right there is absolutely nothing wrong with a factory trigger.

Wade
Matrix 355 - "Spike"
NAP 100 gr Spitfires
Wyvern Flemish String
DM Bumpers
Semper Fi!