Hawke scope/rings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Huntman2

Hawke scope/rings

Post by Huntman2 »

For you out there that has a hawke xb30 does it come with rings? If not what rings do you prefer? I can get a new one for $220 but it doesn't have the rings and figured even buying a set of rings would be a good deal for that price. Thanks
bubba

Re: Hawke scope/rings

Post by bubba »

That would be a good deal, I bought my XB-30 from Daivd at Wyverns, And he included the rings for free. Nice four bolt per ring mounts that are very nice indeed, With the no scratch and mar inside ring protectors. His # is 1-603-659-0575, I'm sure he would get you set up nicely, and not break your bank doing it....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Boo

Post by Boo »

My Buddy Normous send me a set of these. Truly light weight and rugged.
https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shootin ... lit-rings/
I've used these alot but are much more $$ and much more weight
http://www.burrisoptics.com/signature-rings
Some people just like stepping on rakes
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

When I collected my Hawke XB-30 Compact, I simply ordered a set of their rings to go with.

Once I mounted the scope with them however, I rapidly discovered that even though designated "medium", these put the scope FAR too high for my liking:

So, I took them off, and went back to the factory Excalibur mounts for the scope I had removed:

MUCH Better! And still on the bow today.

Still have those Hawke mounts. Anyone here wants them for the price of shipping they are yours...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Huntman2

Post by Huntman2 »

So are the factory rings considered low or med?
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Huntman2 wrote:So are the factory rings considered low or med?
I would consider them LOW. The "medium" Hawke rings were quite a bit higher. No good for me. I HAVE to have my cheek weld just right or I simply cannot shoot well.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I recently bought a set of the Vortex Hunter rings in 30mm. Seem to be pretty nice rings. The finish is good, edges all smooth, no burrs or sharp edges. They do have a sticker on the bottom that says "Made in China". I thought that a bit of a bummer. However at 20 bucks to my door they aren't too bad.(Amazon)