Swhacker 125 Issues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flatone

Swhacker 125 Issues

Post by flatone »

I am shooting the Swhacker 125g heads on my BE Zombie Slayers. When the blades deploy, they come back and contact the shaft, leaving a chip around the collar..... Does anyone else have this issue?

Thinking about going to either the NAP Killzone or Spitfire Maxx heads to get away from the stupid bands and O-rings......
Matrix 380
xbow joe

Re: Swhacker 125 Issues

Post by xbow joe »

I think everybody that shoots Swhackers has that issue. A minute with a Dremel tool will remove enough off the back of the wings to clear the shaft. Not sure why the company hasn't remedied this.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Numerous reports have surfaced about Swackers leaving a witness mark on the front insert. That is not a too big of a deal for me because changing out a insert that may have been too damaged is simple. I have never used Swhackers FYI.

What is stupid about using a dental band to ensure good performance? Great idea the way I see it.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family

Post by newbie »

If it bothers you take a dremel and grind off a touch of the blade where it contacts the shaft and or insert. I tape the blades closed to practice with.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
bubba

Post by bubba »

If it bothers you , like said do the dremel thing. I for one took three deer last year two with the same broad head cleaned and resharpened . The furthest one traveled after the hit 40 yards. one stone dead the other 10 yards. Yes i have a couple marks on the arrow, but its don't bother me at all, in fact its like the fighter pilot's after a successful mission, and they marked there plane with scratches of four and a scratch through them to make Five kills... Any how they will be mounted on my arrows again this year. Why? Because the deer are just dropping dead over them. And i also find the little rubber bands cute.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

hey Bubba little off topic but do you hunt central Florida. i was in the Ft meyers area recently and saw quite a herd around the airport. was surpised at the size.
bubba

Post by bubba »

foofoo wrote:hey Bubba little off topic but do you hunt central Florida. i was in the Ft meyers area recently and saw quite a herd around the airport. was surpised at the size.
I have hunted all over Florida north and the swamps of the south, many a days and nights. I have a sister that lives down around Ft Meyers. Never hunted there exactly, hunted close in Port Charlotte. And have seen and harvested a few deer and a lot of hogs. But now the last few years i've only really been hunting on my son's private land up in Mississippi. He has a nice piece of land, and manages a 900 acre hunting club land, that borders his property. It's the sweetest hunting of my life. No camp no tent, showers. Home is right there..I'm spoiled. Have you hunted down there?
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

bubba wrote:
foofoo wrote:hey Bubba little off topic but do you hunt central Florida. i was in the Ft meyers area recently and saw quite a herd around the airport. was surpised at the size.
I have hunted all over Florida north and the swamps of the south, many a days and nights. I have a sister that lives down around Ft Meyers. Never hunted there exactly, hunted close in Port Charlotte. And have seen and harvested a few deer and a lot of hogs. But now the last few years i've only really been hunting on my son's private land up in Mississippi. He has a nice piece of land, and manages a 900 acre hunting club land, that borders his property. It's the sweetest hunting of my life. No camp no tent, showers. Home is right there..I'm spoiled. Have you hunted down there?
Port Charlotte FL. I lived there for 4 years. The fishing was insane. Bubba I wish I knew you when you hunted down there as I could of learned something from you.

I just never got into hunting in 85 to 90 degree weather. But I wish I would of went after some hogs with a pistol.

Oh well I'm always late.

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
bubba

Post by bubba »

Talltines, Yeaa buddy some great fishing in the Port Charlotte area, spent many an hour there in the harbor for Snook, and redfish. and drifting Boca Grande for Tarpon, and Sharks.. Some real serious pole bending day's, Gotta love it...