Picked up my first ever Muzzy's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Picked up my first ever Muzzy's

Post by xcaliber »

I dropped the Queen off to get her hair done, little princess had Mom's CX7, so i had some time to kill. Mossied into Dick's S/G and found a six pack of Muzzy's 100 grain for $12.00. Package was opened, but all the components seemed to be there. I know the youngster there in the archery dept. he said bring them back if anything is missing. They were a bit tricky to put together, but once i got it figured out, very nice heads. I cannot say enough about the shapness these blades exhibit. Very good design as far as the locking method engineered into them, and I must say i am impressed. These will be used with the Hoyt vector this season, and perhaps the 330 M. At $2.00 each, I could not walk away! :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Starvin' Hillbilly

Re: Picked up my first ever Muzzy's

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

:wink: i shoot the trocars, some other members on here have sparked my interest in the muzzy mx3 (i think its called ?) as they were talk'n bout'em.
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Ken, these are just labeled Muzzy 100's, but I am impressed with them. I shot one at 20 yards with the 330 for chits & giggles, right on the dime! It also buried pretty deep into the 18-1.
frisky

Post by frisky »

I had some Muzzys. I thought a very well made head. It MAY be ME, but I thought not enough of a blood trail. Mine were a 3 blade head. I went mechanical.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Dan, The 4 blade 90/100 grain Muzzys that have a 1" cut fly like darts out of crossbows ! Most of the time you can pick them up for less than 30 dollars for a pack of 6 . They shoot same POI as slicktricks out of my xbows for half the price . a Real sleeper ! Great buy on your part !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I hope these do well, but I have many other heads too. I hate wounding deer, lost a couple over the years, and remember every one of them. These are very similar to the Slick Trick heads, so I'm very hopeful for good results. I appreciate your candor.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

I have been shootin Muzzy 4 blade 100's out of my compound for years. Great heads!
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

Have used Muzzy's for a long time,have killed a lot of game with them!As always its shot placement! Ron! :D
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Dan, I shot those years ago and they are solid heads. I think they're often overlooked because they've been around for so long. Great score and shoot them with confidence. Good luck.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

I've killed a bunch of critters with Muzzy's using vertical bows... never had a bit of trouble if I did my part. I wish they still made the 150 grain Crosskills!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote::wink: i shoot the trocars, some other members on here have sparked my interest in the muzzy mx3 (i think its called ?) as they were talk'n bout'em.
-ken
I shoot the Trocars and the MX-3 heads. Both are awesome heads IMO. The Trocars have a "right helical" design which makes them spin faster. The only difference between the Muzzy 100 and the MX3 is that the MX3 has a shorter profile and is advertised as a crossbow head. I can't tell the difference in the way they shoot,and neither can the dead hogs and turkeys. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Possum

Post by Possum »

I've used just plain Muzzy 100 gr. With my Mathews Denalin LD, and could always shoot to the same POI as long as bow arrow and myself were tuned. Can't shoot my vertical bow anymore due to shoulder injuries.
Shooting the 100 gr. Muzzys with my 330 all hit consistently 3" low of my field point POI, windage is dead-on. My 100 gr Spitfires hit at same POI as field points. This leaves me standing on the range trying to figure out just why my muzzy are hitting lower even though the are the same weight and I did weigh each of them :? Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions? I'll be using the Spitfires but I've always been a little more comfortable using fixed blades.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I shot the 1 3/16" 3 - blade Muzzys for years in my vertical bow and loved them , But never could get them to match my field points or consistently group good in my Exvals. BUT the 1" cut 4 - blade heads are spot on . JMO
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I just shot one at 20 yards with the 330, and no difference, but 40 yards might tell me something else. I'm using Spitfire's with the crossbows this year anyway, but the Hoyt will be using the Muzzy Heads. I don't shoot past 20 yards with the vertical's anymore when hunting, I usually use them early in the season when the trees are still pretty full, most shots are inside 15 yards.
Thanks for the reviews, and hopefully I'll be posting back about how they worked for me.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Mr Dan, Hard to believe you have never picked up some Muzzy's before... As long as you have been into Archery? Smile.. only foolin now...Please no stone's...Was one of the first broad heads i ever shot, Years ago in my compound day's. And you know They worked fine..And i'm sure they still do. They just got left behind, for the new stuff. But i still have at least 10 heads in my broad head box, and wouldn't hesitate a minute in using them if was running low....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)