removing the adf on a micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Re: removing the adf on a micro

Post by agingcrossbower »

As long as we seem to need help protecting ourselves how about those crazy sharp broadheads swinging back and forth at the end of your bow. Maybe for a few extra dollars they can make a protecting something or other for that. This could go on and on and on and it sadly it just my well do that.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

agingcrossbower wrote:And, like others have said it is your bow and your eye or whatever. This rules for this and add-on's that is the same thing the is slowly eroding what is going on with people in general. People are losing the ability to think for themselves and believe me there is always someone out there that will do your thinking for you for a price and your liberty.

Example; My nephew who is 24 years old went to a small town picnic and had three beers. On the way to the car he had to relieve himself so he went behind a dumpster and proceeded to. A cop came along and low and behold 181.00 later he corrected that problem. Yes, 181.00 to take a wiz. My point is there is always someone for a price out there to protect you and we are irresponsible enough to let this happen. In no time at all we all will be walking around like zombie's because we can not think for ourselves.

I81.00 my xss. :evil:
The bow you are talking about doesn't have an Add-On,,,, it comes as part of the bow, but as far as people's rights, I don't think anyone said it was outlawed, but common sense!!!! Like you said its your bow and your eyes, if you don't care to use common sense, by all means take it off, no one said you should be forced to leave it,,, you are having quite the problem mixing up common sense, and common law!!!

Sounds like the youngster was irresponsibly pissing in a public place,,,, I am sure that had public rest rooms if it had a picnic area, and a public dumpster,,,,,, but why don't we all piss wherever we see fit in public?????? Lets tell the hole story!!! That my friend is why we have so many laws to infringe on those that have no common sense, most responsible grown men know you don't piss in public when at a hole town event, when our tax dollars pay for a proper place to get rid of human waste in an area the entire public uses!!!! If my grand daughter wife and other women were around, I think he got what he deserved!! I would think those that think that considered this acceptable and should have no consequences should think about just what common sense is, and quit confusing it with right wrong and legal!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
agingcrossbower

Wildcatter all I am saying is if you would use common sense and learn to do it properly you would not need an ADF. I realize that some do not take the time to get a rhythm going on cocking, putting the safety on, and putting an arrow in but the man at the beginning wants to take the responsibility upon himself so why not. The idea of ADF's and finger guard are all to avoid liable suits. Either the manufacturer would get sued or you pay the manufacturer for the add-on's. At any rate the consumer now pays for the add-on's regardless who wants it or not.
As far as my nephew goes public is a loose way of describing it. He was behind the dumpster and he was not charged with lewd and lascivious behavior so please do not blow it out of proportion to suit your grand principles. Never pissed behind a tree. Which side is behind. Which tree's is it OK to piss by. Who determines if it is OK? Could be someone else in the woods. As far as the law goes where does it begin and end.
bubba

Post by bubba »

That might be considered a little blunt, or rough around the edges for some... But i can't agree more. And 181.00 dollars is getting off light, piss in public here...Get caught and go to jail. As it should be. Sure don't think that was a good comparison.. Bottom line? Different strokes for different folks. Happy Trails.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Food for thought: If the OP could cock his bow to the ADF and not the latch, a couple times at that, and sit on stand for hours without noticing, then I would have to remark he could very likely forget to load an arrow. Just saying...
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
agingcrossbower

racking up points wrote:Food for thought: If the OP could cock his bow to the ADF and not the latch, a couple times at that, and sit on stand for hours without noticing, then I would have to remark he could very likely forget to load an arrow. Just saying...
Good point. :idea:
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

racking up points wrote:Food for thought: If the OP could cock his bow to the ADF and not the latch, a couple times at that, and sit on stand for hours without noticing, then I would have to remark he could very likely forget to load an arrow. Just saying...
Very solid point, we all need to our limitations,,,, after 35 years if can forget my anniversary,,,,, well lets just say my 380's and Micro will have their ADF's in place, and I think when I get my 330 or 355 I will order two things at the same time, the Trigger Tech SS because it is the best trigger in the industry,,, and the ADF with DM's bumpers!!! But trust me the latter 2 only because I like ADD-ON's,,,, I could never make a mistake,,,,,, :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

wildcatter wrote:
Very solid point, we all need to know our limitations,,,, after 35 years if I can forget my anniversary,,,,, uh,,, well lets just say my 380's and Micro will have their ADF's in place, and I think when I get my 330 or 355 I will order three things at the same time, the Trigger Tech SS because it is the best trigger in the industry,,, and the ADF with DM's bumpers!!! But trust me the latter 2 only because I like ADD-ON's,,,, I could never make a mistake,,,,,, :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

Love my ADF. It does no harm and has already saved me once