WELCOME ABOARD

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

Re: WELCOME ABOARD

Post by wildcatter »

welcome,,, you certainly made the right choice in crossbows!!!! Enjoy and stop in often, these guy's will keep you up to date with any do's and don'ts and everything new!!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I'd like to welcome you aboard also... As you can see from my avatar I too am from WA. but live a few miles south of you. :D

You are right about the disabilitty requirement for X-bow use during Archery season and I qualify for that requirement with a non-operable issue to left arm. :(

This year however, the state HAS actually opened up to crossbow hunting... but... only during modern rifle season... during that season as well as in "Firearm Restricted " areas during modern rifle season crossbows are now being allowed. :wink:

( Check out the hunting regs. and you'll see a new section describing Crossbows and their requirements )..

A side effect to all of this is that past convicted fellons can now join in in hunting camp. However, they are "Restricted" to crossbow or archery ( and I think muzzle-loaders but not sure on that one ? ) It does not matter to me personally, but know of a couple young people who made really bad past decisions it may allow to legally hunt again. ( but they must remember not to pick-up or touch any of the firearms being used by others... I'm personally fine with that !! )

{ I tried sending you a PM last night, But not sure it came thru with your low post number... I think you need 10 posts for the PM option to kick in ? }

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
BULLZ-i

Post by BULLZ-i »

THANKS A BUNCH GUYS. DEFINITELY A NEW ADDICTION AND AS IS ALL ARCHERY NOT A INEXPENSIVE SPORT/HOBBY. THATS SAID, BETTER GEAR OR HAND BUILT GEAR AND TOOLS ARE PART OF THE ADDICTION AND WHEN YOU GET INTO BUILDING YOUR OWN ARROWS AND DOING ALL THE MAINTENANCE AND SUCH IS WHERE THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT AND MIND SET COMES FROM.

WHEN I STARTED DOING IT ALL MYSELF IT MADE ME THINK FAR AHEAD AS NOT TO BE TO HASTY TO RUSH A SHOT AND HURT AN ANIMAL OR LOSE/DAMAGE MY EQUIPMENT AND TO SLOW DOWN AND MAKE THE SHOT OR NOT AT ALL.

BTW... I'M AN EMERGENCY DISPATCHER AND WE HAVE TO MAKE OUR REPORTS IN ALL CAPS (BULLET STYLE) HENCE FOR ALL CAPS, NO NEED TO YELL BACK AT ME. :D

GENE: I DID GET AN EMAIL, JUST HAVEN'T FOUND THE PM BUTTON TO ANSWER BACK. MOST OF THE XBOW REGS I DID KNOW, BUT FIGURED I WOULDN'T BORE EVERYONE WITH OUR STATES FANTASTIC HUNTING LAWS HOWEVER, THEY ARE GETTING BETTER.

ANYWAYS... THE MICRO GOT ASSEMBLED TODAY AND STILL A VIRGIN BECAUSE I NEED TO GET SOME RAIL WAX AND ETC... ANY QUALITY STUFF RECOMMENDED?

THANKS AGAIN, I WONT BE SHY!
GO HAWKS!
BULLZ-i

Post by BULLZ-i »

PM's JUST SHOWED UP.... I'M LEARNING
GO HAWKS!