Pretty Happy with my Matrix 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wvnitroman

Pretty Happy with my Matrix 355

Post by wvnitroman »

I sent about 80-100 shots down range today from 60 yards and I will have to say I was really impressed. I started out shooting a single spot and almost had a Robin Hood right off the bat. Now mind you I was shooting from a bench with bipods on the front and a sand bag on the rear. Even though Woody's did a great job of smoothing up my trigger, I can still see a TT 2.5 in my future. With our archery season right around the corner, I will wait until next spring to get the trigger. As well as it shoots now, I can't wait to get a good trigger. Oh yea, I am also thrilled with the POI with the 125gr. Swhacker. Shot a 125 gr FP at 60 yards and the Swhacker landed right against it. Can't wait to let one go on a whitetail. :D
maine hunter

Re: Pretty Happy with my Matrix 355

Post by maine hunter »

Congratulations on the 355!!! Love mine. My trigger was the same too, but it's getting better. I figure if it's not the way I like it this winter, I will send it too boo to get his trigger job done on it. Good luck and keep us posted. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Team 355 is a great place to be! Congrats on a fine pick, and good luck harvesting the trophy of a lifetime! I know I'll be holding mine soon high above the forest floor, high on anticipation, adrenaline pumping through the double pumper Holly, "nostrils" I'm talking about here! :lol: :lol: My climber locked down, harness on snug, lunch in the sack, cell on vibrate, knife sharp, and the Queen on high alert!
Oh yeah, I'm ready!! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

Congrats. on your 355M. I love mine, bought it back in June ! Good luck this season! Ron! :D
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on your 355 looks like your ready to put some venison in the freezer
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
SEW

Post by SEW »

I understand about waiting on the TT trigger, but in an hour, less if you've done it before, you're done. My only concern about the Boo trigger job was shipping to Canada and the possible wait. I really like my TT trigger but expect the Boo modified trigger would be very nice too. The TT trigger holding claws can cause serving seperation: mine did(380&405). I sent my TT triggers back to TT for a modified spring and to get my prongs contoured like Boo does(or are already on the Excal trigger).
wvnitroman

Post by wvnitroman »

Sew, I had not heard anything about the TT causing serving separation.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Good luck with your 355 this year. Sounds like she is ready for the hunt. My 355 is also impressing me the same way. I bought a couple packs of those orange peal and stick stickers, that come in 1", 2". and 3". once i put the 3" sticker on, i just keep having to place the 2" or 1" over the holes. Never shoot out the 3" to 60 yards..I'll be shooting the same set up as you.. Using 125 grain Swhackers they fly very close to my field points. Very pleased with them also. And my Slick Tricks for hogs and whatever else, are hitting two inches low,one inch or so to the right.
Just keep that in my head if i need to sling one. Smile.But my trigger is nice and smooth, I did have it apart. and stoned and polished all the rough tool marks and added the Trigger Tech red pull. For the looks and the better feel. The whole outfit is just working flawlessly... Can't wait until opening day. Oct 15... Good luck to all...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Drew

Post by Drew »

M355 rocks! I'm having a hard time justifying buying another Excal and that's a problem! :mrgreen:
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Drew wrote:M355 rocks! I'm having a hard time justifying buying another Excal and that's a problem! :mrgreen:

:) :) .... Call it a backup.. :wink: :wink:
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger