Micro limb delam

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Micro limb delam

Post by amythntr »

wildcatter wrote:Up to you, I would shoot it, that is not a delam, that is just a splinter. My Mad Max had one worse than that about the same place, this was like you about 50 to 75 shots,,,, with NO DRI-FIRES. I have over 300 shots on it now.

They will replace it if I want, I'm still shooting it and don't want different limbs, This is what it did in February last season.

This is how it shoots this summer 100's of shots later. 50 yards @ 362 fps.

Up to you, Excalibur will exchange you a new set, but I'm perfectly bhappy with the limbs as they are now!! Mine are staying with the bow!!

....but inquiring minds want to know how you REALLY feel about those there splinters Wildcatter..... don't hide it from us! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

amythntr wrote:
wildcatter wrote:Up to you, I would shoot it, that is not a delam, that is just a splinter. My Mad Max had one worse than that about the same place, this was like you about 50 to 75 shots,,,, with NO DRI-FIRES. I have over 300 shots on it now.

They will replace it if I want, I'm still shooting it and don't want different limbs, This is what it did in February last season.

This is how it shoots this summer 100's of shots later. 50 yards @ 362 fps.

Up to you, Excalibur will exchange you a new set, but I'm perfectly bhappy with the limbs as they are now!! Mine are staying with the bow!!

....but inquiring minds want to know how you REALLY feel about those there splinters Wildcatter..... don't hide it from us! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
How I really feel,,,, a,,,,, well,,,, I think the TT feels real good, and with the heavy flemish and foam in barrel the feel of the shot is pretty good,,, with very little feel of vibration,,,, the feel when I let a shot go is confidence,,,, the feel when I shoulder the bow is only second to the Micro,,, :wink:

I guess there are a lot of ways to feel about the 380, that can only be matched by the feel of a Micro,,,, but right now I just feel like hunting season is to far away,,,,,, :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
bubba

Post by bubba »

I think you have plenty of time to send it in for replacement. And back for the season. That's what i'd do, but i would sure sand it down and go with it if, the season was tomorrow. Unless those limbs are sweet hot one's..Smile..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
kayakyok

Post by kayakyok »

bubba wrote:I think you have plenty of time to send it in for replacement. And back for the season. That's what i'd do, but i would sure sand it down and go with it if, the season was tomorrow. Unless those limbs are sweet hot one's..Smile..
not sure of the definition of sweet hot limbs but have learned the hard way that 60 yards is still too close to shoot 3 shot groups at the same target unless you don't mind ruining bolts.
I know I have all those guns Dear..... but Honey you just don't understand...I NEED an xbow!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I had a splinter about an eighth inch deep and two and a half inches long on my M380. I broke it off, cleaned up with a dremel tool and sanded it smooth. I must've put close to a thousand shots on it before my tiller went. A splinter that size wouldn't be noticeable either way but I certainly understand changing it. Mine was right before hunting season so I held off.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

I would get it replaced rather than wonder about it. I just got new limbs on my 355 and the total process took about 5 days as there was a local warranty center.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Each limb contains over 250,000 individual strands of fiberglass. Sanding down a small sliver will not change the limb function as designed.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bubba

Post by bubba »

I apologize sweet hot limbs, simply mean limbs that are achieving beyond there advertised perimeters in velocity. Again i apologize didn't mean to confuse.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

wildcatter wrote: This is how it shoots this summer 100's of shots later. 50 yards @ 362 fps.

Damn! Makes me wish mine had a splinter. :lol:

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
kayakyok

Post by kayakyok »

Talk about customer service:
1) I had a RMA # within an hour or two using the online process from excalibur. Limbs arrived at the warrenty location on Monday, the new limbs were shipped out the same day an I had them Wednesday.
2) I had ordered 1 doz goldtips from David Wyvern. I caught in the email invoice he sent that he shipped the wrong bolts and sent him an email. He had the correct bolts in the mail the next business day before I even recieved the wrong ones. All I had to do was put the wrong bolts in the package, attach the prepaid mailing label he sent along with correct bolts and drop it off at the post office. I was so impressed with how quickly he fixed the problem with no headache or delay for me I dropped some $ in the package so he wouldn't have to eat the shipping. Sure he is not getting rich on a doz arrows.
WOW X2!

Going to try to get it all back together and do a little test between the goldtips and the quills to see if I can detect a difference. Will post results.
Thaks for all the responses!
I know I have all those guns Dear..... but Honey you just don't understand...I NEED an xbow!