All 3 of my Excal's are a ready

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

All 3 of my Excal's are a ready

Post by DaveShooter »

Got the Brown Vixen with a vari-zone scope sighted in.
Along with the Brown Exo-mag with factory open sights - No scope
Another is the Camo'd Equinox with red dot- All are shooting 20" 2117's that I made up or built with 4" vanes. Been a ball getting them all ready to Rock and Roll this upcoming Ohio Deer season. :D :D :D
deerskinner

Re: All 3 of my Excal's are a ready

Post by deerskinner »

When does your season start? Ron!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I'm with you Dave,,,, again,,, two more weeks but don't do what I did,,,, I had both 380's ready and the Micro two weeks ago,,,,,,, Then today, I had to tinker,,, I had 4 arrows I had from a dozen I just built that all tuned a different POI than the other 8,,, so I had some 125 grain inserts, and used some 175 grain VPA 3 blade COC heads lighted Firenock's making them 542 grains, and are shooting 322 fps outa the Mad Max. These things shot better than the 445 grain arrows I had setup,,, so I readjusted my scope and that's what's going in the Mad Max this year!!!

Now I'm with you again, if season would just get started I would quit screwing with things!! Bit I gotta see how these bad boys work on deer. One thing is for sure,,,I aint worried about full penetration on shoulders, deer or hogs!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

My bows are also, but I'm still doing one more session on the range, just for the fun of it!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

X2 and 3 to both of you guys- Excal's sure are a blast to play with even if it isn't hunting season yet. One thing is for sure we never do get done a playing with our crossbow toys. :lol:
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

deerskinner wrote:When does your season start? Ron!
Season opens Sept 26-2015 through Feb-07-2016. Don't think I will make it out opening day till it cools way down temp wise. Don't like cooked deer before I cook it. :lol: Tree rats or Squirrel and Morning Dove came in on Sept 01-2015. Way to hot to hunt this time of year for me . When I was a lot more younger I would of been out there opening day- My my how things sometimes change as we get older :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bunt

Post by Bunt »

wildcatter
Where do you go to hunt hogs? I'm guessing Ohio doesn't have any. I've never done it but would like to.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Got mine dialed in also, season is tomorrow hope something that I'm going to shoot walks into range. Good Luck everyone
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Demon Deacon

Post by Demon Deacon »

Like Hester I'm in NC and my son and I will be in the woods tomorrow morning. Just doublechecked my Axiom and it's still dialed in tight with firebolts carrying 150 gr Slick Tricks. This was my Christmas present to myself last year so tomorrow is my first day hunting with a crossbow!
Axiom...so far
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Good Luck guy's, and everyone breaking out in the morning,,,,, should have a lot better temps to start than we been having,,, and don't forget,,,,,,we like pic's,,,,,, :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
marlinmonty

Post by marlinmonty »

I have one Micro , there are many like it but , this one is mine . I shall fear no evil for the Nightmare comith with me . So dang ready !
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

marlinmonty wrote:I have one Micro , there are many like it but , this one is mine . I shall fear no evil for the Nightmare comith with me . So dang ready !
Loved it- ya made my night :lol: :lol: :lol:
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Bunt wrote:wildcatter
Where do you go to hunt hogs? I'm guessing Ohio doesn't have any. I've never done it but would like to.
We have a few in SE Ohio, but my buddy has a friend down in Georgia who has a bunch of land with a lot of hogs on it. I went with him 2 years ago. Keep saying I'll go back but ain't yet,, maybe this year,,
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!