Better Day of Shooting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Starvin' Hillbilly

Re: Better Day of Shooting

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

I think everyone of us have been through what you went through including loose scope . . . .can i get a witness!

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Amen!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:I think everyone of us have been through what you went through including loose scope . . . .can i get a witness!

-ken
Ken, I hope to never make this mistake again. It was definitely a rookie move.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

TheBig1 wrote: Ken, I hope to never make this mistake again. It was definitely a rookie move.
i creeped around on the forum before i got my 355 and expected it, but when it happened it threw me for bout 25 minutes, bet bubba could hear me a cussing down in Florida . i got some blue 242, and after a 24 set up was back good to go. All reading this . . . there is no such thing as rookie were all here to learn and to teach, there is a guy or 2 on here a burn up w/ "PM's" :wink: my problem i don't retain it!! :roll: :lol:

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:
TheBig1 wrote: Ken, I hope to never make this mistake again. It was definitely a rookie move.
i creeped around on the forum before i got my 355 and expected it, but when it happened it threw me for bout 25 minutes, bet bubba could hear me a cussing down in Florida . i got some blue 242, and after a 24 set up was back good to go. All reading this . . . there is no such thing as rookie were all here to learn and to teach, there is a guy or 2 on here a burn up w/ "PM's" :wink: my problem i don't retain it!! :roll: :lol:

-ken
See, I didn't join the forum until after buying my crossbow. I did my research all over the net, but not on here. I'll know better next time.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

sure glad you got it figured out no you got seperence :lol: still check you arrows.
W.M.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

W.Miguire wrote:sure glad you got it figured out no you got seperence :lol: still check you arrows.
W.M.
I'm sorry Brother, I forgot to call you. I told you that I probably would. :lol:

Tell me if I did this right. I marked one vane with a small dot and shot it 3 times using each vane as the cockpit vane. When I found the vane that hit the bull I then marked that with X's to mark the cockpit vane. Did I do it right?
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
Waif

Post by Waif »

L.o.l. indeed.
Man, don't use up the good arrows by hittin em! :lol:
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I don`t think there is many people whom have not been bit by the something loose .
Good to see it is all sorted out .
I have thought about dipping the whole bow in a vat of blue Loctite when everything is just right . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:I think everyone of us have been through what you went through including loose scope . . . .can i get a witness!

-ken
Witness...
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

CrazyAce wrote:

-ken
Witness...
Nice! But once and only once do I want to do that. I'm good now.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Yes indeed, easy to get straightened out around here,,, we just gotta listen,,, problem is there is so much good information here it's hard to retain it all,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

just another reason to stop in often!!!! :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

wildcatter wrote:Yes indeed, easy to get straightened out around here,,, we just gotta listen,,, problem is there is so much good information here it's hard to retain it all,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

just another reason to stop in often!!!! :wink:
It is hard to retain it all. I'm on here all of the time now. Even my wife will look at my phone and say, "Oh, that site again". Lol
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

We've all been burnt by those 4 screws, Here's a little trick I do with mine . After I apply blue loctite and waiting the 24 hours period for it to set up , I take a pencil and make a mark at 12 o'clock on each screw so I have a visual reference to go by . Without the marks its hard to tell their loose until your shooting wild groups . Mike
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

8ptbuk wrote:We've all been burnt by those 4 screws, Here's a little trick I do with mine . After I apply blue loctite and waiting the 24 hours period for it to set up , I take a pencil and make a mark at 12 o'clock on each screw so I have a visual reference to go by . Without the marks its hard to tell their loose until your shooting wild groups . Mike
Thanks Mike, I'll do that too. I just picked up the blue loctite which ironically comes in a red tube and says removable.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member