Crossbow bolt repair

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mr.Boiler

Crossbow bolt repair

Post by Mr.Boiler »

hey all. New to bow hunting but am looking forward to it. Picked up a Micro 335 and really enjoyed a day target practicing. One issue though was with the field tip and front end insert. They came out and are now deeply imbedded in the target. Picked up some new tips and inserts. What glue should I use? Epoxy or something else? Some have said crazy glue and others blue loctite. What does Excalibur recommend?
Thanks!
"So at this time take, please, your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt some wild game for me." Gen. 27:3
So I took my Excalibur Micro 335 and my Marlin 336 and my Henry .22lr Frontier and did just so...
Possum

Re: Crossbow bolt repair

Post by Possum »

I use loctite superglue gel. Make sure the shaft isn't damaged or split. I clean the inside of the shaft with a 32 cal. Bore brush with acetone and then follow-up with denatured alcohol on a Q-tip. I then run 3 bead of glue along the insert and install the insert in the shaft while turning the insert to spread the glue evenly and the wipe off any excess glue.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

Use a good quality 2 part epoxy it will outperform any super glue made.. I never have inserts come out when using 2 part epoxy and a good thorough cleaning like described in a previous post...
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Welcome aboard.....

I use Gorilla Glue two part epoxy.. 24 hour dry time....

I've found that the super glues can break their bond with the impact of the arrow hitting the targets sometimes.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger