Is this normal for a Matrix 405

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bubba

Re: Is this normal for a Matrix 405

Post by bubba »

Yes Sir.. If your right handed like myself, once you relax the limbs with the stringing aid, just reach down undo the right loop and twist counter clock wise. If your string is solid on your bumpers, I would give it two complete twists. I keep mine about 3/16" of an inch to a 1/4" off the bumpers. Your string is gonna need to be maintained so be prepared to keep your eye on it. And twist as needed. I mean you have the bad boy in the Excalibur line. The fastest most powerful... ( The Beast ) And hey man if you ever need help. P.M me i will do my best, We are like a family here. Glad to help.. We have all been there..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

pfunk1543 wrote:Someone sent me a pm but I'm not allowed to read it?

How do I fix this?

post 7 more times
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
pfunk1543

Post by pfunk1543 »

pfunk1543

Post by pfunk1543 »

That was it. Now I can read it. Thanks.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Sorry, I guess my count was off. Used be 10x I think. Maybe they shortened it to 5. Maybe my memory is now short.. No matter!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
frontsite

Post by frontsite »

Thank you Bubba! KUDOS to whomever posted this question!
MATRIX MEGA 405 W/ Parker REDHOT scope
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

all strings will stretch some so even if the brace hight was set at the factory it could have been strung in the shop for a few weeks or even a month .just keep a eye on your string ,you can store your bow with the cocking rope on the string to help it stretch when you are not using your bow ,I always like to have at least two strings ready to go .Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

Is it normal? No. Does it happen? Yes.

Couple of months ago there was a thread about going to the box stores that carry excalibur lines and that all the strings were on the bumpers (if they had them or ridiculously over the serving mark). They don't know to fix it and/or don't how. They don't offer you a stringing aid, nor do they tell you that you need one. And they have them there!

Anyway... LIke bubba said.. biggest issues members have[sic]...

CrazyAce
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
coop

Post by coop »

bubba wrote:Yes Sir.. If your right handed like myself, once you relax the limbs with the stringing aid, just reach down undo the right loop and twist counter clock wise. If your string is solid on your bumpers, I would give it two complete twists. I keep mine about 3/16" of an inch to a 1/4" off the bumpers. Your string is gonna need to be maintained so be prepared to keep your eye on it. And twist as needed. I mean you have the bad boy in the Excalibur line. The fastest most powerful... ( The Beast ) And hey man if you ever need help. P.M me i will do my best, We are like a family here. Glad to help.. We have all been there..
Why CCW?
M405+Swhacker=Awesome
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

edited :roll: :roll:
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
bubba

Post by bubba »

Because twisting the string counter clock wise tightens the string. That is what has to be done to remove the string off the bumpers. You sure don't want to go clock wise.. Smile trust me ..Would not be advisable....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

I twas at Cabela's couple weeks ago --- every Excalibur they had hanging on the rack -- the string was mushed into the bumpers --- told the archery guy that they really should correct that -- as expected his answer was "that is the way they come and we don't change them" ------------then he went back to doing what ever it -------------