Dr Stirrup could use our help! (Spread the Word!)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Dr Stirrup could use our help!

Post by amythntr »

....I am working with Gaston to put a package deal together for those that purchase the entire "kit."...I am just waiting for him to give me the OK to discuss on this forum...I think everyone who is on the fence about making the purchase would then be moved to do so!

....The only setback for Dr.S is that the Stirrup for the Micro version has to be retooled and that means the Stirrup for the Micro will not be available until fall of '16...The issue with the Micro version which I previously have mentioned on the forum is that the "arra" (at 16.5") sticks out past the stirrup shroud which is counter to what the shroud was designed to do...I have his original version and I was met with my broadhead digging into the ground and my lumenok illuminating while in the blind.

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

These are the contents of the Dr Stirrup packages:

CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

Just waiting for mine to come in and then i'ma show n tell it to the local shops.. :D :D
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:These are the contents of the Dr Stirrup packages:

....thanks for showing this Steve...this should be a big help...I am just curious, have you installed it?...If so, what is your review (much respected here) of DrStirrups' kit?

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I am planning on visiting a couple of shops taking my 380 (with DrS kit installed ) and my son's 380 without it for comparison purposes....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Rusty Gate

Post by Rusty Gate »

I'm looking forward to giving the 4X4 Rope cocker a try.....and feedback on that specifically? Thank you in advance!

RG
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I have the entire kit that was graciously given to me at Boofest but for the life of me I don't recall the small horizontal piece directly above the fasteners and below the handles and bumpers. Who has one that can tell me what it is?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
fergie

Post by fergie »

paulaboutform wrote:

I have the entire kit that was graciously given to me at Boofest but for the life of me I don't recall the small horizontal piece directly above the fasteners and below the handles and bumpers. Who has one that can tell me what it is?

Paul
it's a plastic extension to move the quiver back so you can plant both feet on the stirrup without the quiver in the way.
steve
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

There is no price shown for the 4x4 rope kocker... I would like to get one. Ordering the dB killer-bumpers today...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
SEW

Post by SEW »

Anthony,
I'm working on my review. My comparison though involves 2 Matrix xbows(380&405) that were exhaustively and painstakingly quietened. I think they were as optimized as they could be using existing Excal parts and my own modifications (primarily from Boo's site and his advice). My stirrup was totally quietened already, my string was lightly touching the Excal rubber string stop (ball had been modified on 380: 405 cáme that way stock), already had been using the Gaston limb silencers, double shrink wrapped arrow hold down spring that had been bent up so it won't slap the riser on arrow release, Air Brakes, TT, stuffed stock, airplane engine baffling material (0.062") in place of the plastic limb gasket, etc.
IOWs , lots of sound deadening already. I left Air Brakes on, replaced the stirrup, and used his cocking rope. The xbow was as quiet as before, cocking was slightly easier, cocking rope is vastly better. Cocking while sitting is very doable, actually easier than standing AND is safer. Only the limb silencers can affect speed, and I experienced only 1-2 ft/sec.
My favorite part: the string stops. I have my string going 1/16" into. This part actually quietened my xbow even more that it had already been.
I do feel that the stirrup replacement will prevent some injuries. None of us are 100% perfect 100% of the time, or even anytime.
My thoughts: anyone who buys an Excal xbow would do well to get a TT trigger, great arrows(Zombies if 405), and a Dr Stirrup kit.
Maybe this is my review.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

[quote="jody5252"]There is no price shown for the 4x4 rope kocker... I would like to get one. Ordering the dB killer-bumpers today...

.....Gaston has contacted me and said that is because the Kocker is NOT ready to ship... He does not want to list his price and have people ordering only to be waiting for delivery...please be patient.....he is working as hard as he can to have this ready shortly... As soon as he is ready to ship he will list the price and orders can begin...if he gives me a heads up I will immediately share that information on the forum....

Reporting from the woods of the northern part of the People's Republic of New Jersey.... : :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

there was 2 kit, one for micro and standard xbow.

i found that with Dr. stirrup my field point extend over the guard, in comparison with the factory. but instead of using my 380 rail, i am using the 310 rail.
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

String suppressors holding up well?
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
SEW

Post by SEW »

Livtahunt wrote:String suppressors holding up well?
Extremely well!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....yes, the DrStirrup products are made extremely well.... they are well made of quality materials and will stand up to the rigors of hunting...that is at least my observation from using it on both my bows....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings