Dr Stirrup could use our help! (Spread the Word!)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

StormDragon

Re: Dr Stirrup could use our help!

Post by StormDragon »

Got my package from Gaston on Friday (Thank you Gaston) and got everything on my Micro by Saturday. With the exception of the stirrup since he is redesigning it for the micro, the package included the dbkiller bumpers, dbkiller limb silencers and 4x4 rope cocker.

After installation I was able to shoot for awhile afterwards to get a feel of things.

I want to shoot a little more and put it through its paces further along with possibly tweaking the placement of the limb silencers before I do a full review.

I will however say that so far I'm liking what I'm experiencing :D
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

Just got mine in the mail Friday. Thank you Gaston!

I haven't had a chance to work with it yet as work is keeping me too busy to play at the moment. But I will be putting it on and heading to the field to give it a whirl (with the new TT) So I have my fingers crossed and if I end up liking and keeping it..

.. Gaston how/where do we send you $$? Cause I hate to hear we're causing you financial difficulties. It's a hugely generous offer, but personally I want to pay for things like this if I like it. (gotta try it to like it I get it).

CrazyAce.
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

CrazyAce wrote:Just got mine in the mail Friday. Thank you Gaston!

I haven't had a chance to work with it yet as work is keeping me too busy to play at the moment. But I will be putting it on and heading to the field to give it a whirl (with the new TT) So I have my fingers crossed and if I end up liking and keeping it..

.. Gaston how/where do we send you $$? Cause I hate to hear we're causing you financial difficulties. It's a hugely generous offer, but personally I want to pay for things like this if I like it. (gotta try it to like it I get it).

CrazyAce.
Hi CrazyAce...glad to hear that you received your product from DrStirrup...I know from my experience with it to date, you will be equally as pleased...

...Just to be very clear to you and all those who have been blessed by receiving the DrStrirrup kit.... if you install it and love it.... then the best we could do to help him is spread the word...

....By spreading the word I mean letting others know who shoot the Excalibur Crossbow...but more importantly...letting any local bow shop that you frequent know about the product by bringing your bow in...with the DrStirrup installed....letting them see the product themselves and directing them to his site if they show an interest...

....I think we all would agree that "word of mouth" is a business owner's BEST and most EFFECTIVE advertising and that is really what is meant by the title of my thread..."spread the word"

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

amythntr wrote:
jody5252 wrote:There is no price shown for the 4x4 rope kocker... I would like to get one. Ordering the dB killer-bumpers today...

.....Gaston has contacted me and said that is because the Kocker is NOT ready to ship... He does not want to list his price and have people ordering only to be waiting for delivery...please be patient.....he is working as hard as he can to have this ready shortly... As soon as he is ready to ship he will list the price and orders can begin...if he gives me a heads up I will immediately share that information on the forum....

Reporting from the woods of the northern part of the People's Republic of New Jersey.... : :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
Thanks Anthony. After I posted this, I seen where they will not be ready until Oct... I did get the dBkiller bumpers
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
amythntr

Re: Dr Stirrup could use our help! (Spread the Word!)

Post by amythntr »

ttt
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I've been holding off on definte comments until i had a chance to spend a full day on the 3D course with the stirrup and cocker.

We shot at Oxford yesterday and I appreciated these differences:
- significantly reduced noise and vibration
- signifcantly reduced back pain by the end of the shoot.
- no knee pain - that's a first for me! I have torn ligaments and by the end of a shoot I'm often gritting my teeth but not this time!

More tomorrow when I'm at a proper keyboard.....
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

What I like:
Built in bipod
quieter without loss of fps
brace height to the REDs put it right on the new bumpers
Rope cocker fits my huge hands
Lower profile out front and the broadhead is covered so no accidental cuts

Don't like:
I makes me reach my toes to grab the rope cocker 6'2" tall and the but of the xbow is in my gut. So I have to start it up with one foot/hand then switch to both.
G5 Magnum broadheads don't fit in the well for the bolt. Making wide broadhead use out. Needs 1/16" more clearance and it would be stellar.
Had to cut all my bolts down to 17.5" to fit properly. Making using 20" out as well.

All in all i'ts a win. Small learning curve but I like what I've seen enough to keep it all on and use it in the blind. Being able to set the crossbow on it's face and easily pick it up means I'm less likely to trip on it setting it on the bipod (old way) laying down long ways.

Easy install.

Ti64 hardware installed at the same time. I would like to find the screws Gaston uses to put the stirrup on in the titanium to make it all match. I used the Ti crossbow bolts instead of his included 1/2" bolt. They fit with the tapered washer with good thread engagement. So out of the Ti64 kit I only could not use the stirrup bolts in the new set up. Does it feel lighter? no. But no rust and shiney! lol

Wife likes the look of it too... May get her into a micro yet :lol:
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
Drew

Post by Drew »

So if I'm understanding what I read on the Dr. Stirrup website, when you install the DBkiller bumpers you actually set the brace height to touch them? I'm asking because my Danny Miller baby bumpers have a split in them from a long ago dry fire and I want to replace them.

Which leads to the question...which is better, the Baby Bumpers or the DBkiller bumpers? I'm not interested in the stirrup or cocker just the bumpers and maybe the limb silencers.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Drew wrote:So if I'm understanding what I read on the Dr. Stirrup website, when you install the DBkiller bumpers you actually set the brace height to touch them? I'm asking because my Danny Miller baby bumpers have a split in them from a long ago dry fire and I want to replace them.

Which leads to the question...which is better, the Baby Bumpers or the DBkiller bumpers? I'm not interested in the stirrup or cocker just the bumpers and maybe the limb silencers.
I like these bumpers best. Yes the string is supposed to be touching them. I actually have mine set up with less than a 64th of a gap....maybe the thickness of a piece of paper, just because I like to be able to adjust for any creep which I can't see if the string is touching the bumpers.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:
Drew wrote:So if I'm understanding what I read on the Dr. Stirrup website, when you install the DBkiller bumpers you actually set the brace height to touch them? I'm asking because my Danny Miller baby bumpers have a split in them from a long ago dry fire and I want to replace them.

I like these bumpers best. Yes the string is supposed to be touching them. I actually have mine set up with less than a 64th of a gap....maybe the thickness of a piece of paper, just because I like to be able to adjust for any creep which I can't see if the string is touching the bumpers.

Paul
....now that is one smart idea Paul..an ever so slight gap to identify creep in the string!....Bellissimo!

Anthony

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I keep a 1/16" gap between mine for the same reason.
It still quiets the string noise considerably.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

Can someone post some pics or perhaps a video of how the dr stirrup actually works. From the pics on the website, I have no idea how it operates...