PA Guys: Some Info

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TheBig1

PA Guys: Some Info

Post by TheBig1 »

Alright folks, I know that it used to be that you could shoot one deer, tag it, and then had to transport it to wherever it was going, processor, home, etc...

Well I wanted to check on that to make sure of what it is now. I couldn't find it at all in the book. So I called my regional office where I'm a Hunter/Trapper Instructor to ask. The receptionist took my question, put me on hold, and went to inquire.

The answer now is that you can shoot one, tag it, and if another one walks by, you can now shoot another one without having to transport it out of the woods to it's final destination.

Just an FYI folks, use your own judgment and morals. I'm not looking to start a morality thread.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
BD1

Re: PA Guys: Some Info

Post by BD1 »

Yep, as long as u have a tag
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Yes once you tag one. You can shoot another
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

Not PA, but in Indiana it works the same way. I have killed 4 in one sitting on several occasions now (gun).
Jay
IroquoisArcher

Post by IroquoisArcher »

Not saying this isn't the case but just my 2 cents worth.
Not all officers follow the same rule(s). You might find that even though the regional office or other districts officers tell you one thing the local officer might not, he may interpret it different and cite you. Chances are this won't be the case but if in doubt check with you local officer.
Silverovertime

Post by Silverovertime »

Page 24 of the General Hunting Regulations section of the Hunting Digest covers this under tagging big game. If you have a smart phone get the PGC's new app. Go Hunt Pa Tool Kit. It is a pretty nice app and gives you all sorts of info and hunting related stuff useful in the field as well as at home.
Time to put another log on the fire!
Exocet 200
Exomax
Matrix 380
Matrix 405
Micro 335
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Silverovertime wrote:Page 24 of the General Hunting Regulations section of the Hunting Digest covers this under tagging big game. If you have a smart phone get the PGC's new app. Go Hunt Pa Tool Kit. It is a pretty nice app and gives you all sorts of info and hunting related stuff useful in the field as well as at home.
Thanks, I couldn't find it anywhere. I have the App, I'll check it out.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member