Spitfire XXX Replacement Blades

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Turkey Ninja

Spitfire XXX Replacement Blades

Post by Turkey Ninja »

Received my new 2" XXX heads in today. Also had another package ordered directly from NAP containing replacement blades and retainers for them.(item # 60235) Obviously, I had to compare the new ones to some regular old Spitfire 100's I had stashed away from about 7-8 years ago. IDENTICAL. No difference whatsoever. The blade groove on the XXX isn't cut as far back down the ferrule as the regular Spitfires causing the blades not to open as far back towards the shaft, thus creating a wider "cut".

Actually kind of glad. You can find Spitfire blade replacement packs pretty much anywhere. I even compared some old Spitfire Edge blades and they fit like a glove, so I might take a lil credit for the first Spitfire XXX Edge! :lol: I've got a bunch of old blades lying around, so I'll just slap some on the new heads, glue them shut to zero these bad boys in and let er rip tater chip. Just thought I'd share because I sure didn't know....
“If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.” -John Wayne
BULLZ-i

Re: Spitfire XXX Replacement Blades

Post by BULLZ-i »

GLUE? THEY WONT RETAIN ON THEIR OWN AS NORMAL?
GO HAWKS!
Turkey Ninja

Re: Spitfire XXX Replacement Blades

Post by Turkey Ninja »

BULLZ-i wrote:GLUE? THEY WONT RETAIN ON THEIR OWN AS NORMAL?
I'm not sure I worded it right. I'm sure they will, but I don't need them opening up inside a target. Will glue them shut for target practice only...
“If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.” -John Wayne