It's happened..one week old micro...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Botchio

Re: It's happened..one week old micro...

Post by Botchio »

Wow, that grouping is impressive at 50 yards. Seeing that I should drag my block back out and keep practising haha. As far as me sticking around, don't need to worry about that I'm not going anywhere, definitely excited to be a part of the excalibur family.

So, would you suggest then that I keep shooting it? If it doesn't effect the shot consistency then it's nothing to really worry about?
hunlee
Location: Hunlee live on north side of river butt not far from big water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by hunlee »

hunlee is saddened that limb brakeage came to you so fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MICROs crossbow are sweet but not for hunlee with their trackrecord for limb brakeage and this is why hunlee shoots a HYBREAD 351Matrix EXCALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunlee
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

You have what looks like more than just one sliver. If you decide to shoot it I would keep a real close eye on it. Treat it as if it could go at any moment. I would have said otherwise if it were anything other than a micro.

I think you said you were in Cambridge. Why mess around? Just call them tomorrow and stop in.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

Botchio wrote:Wow, that grouping is impressive at 50 yards. Seeing that I should drag my block back out and keep practising haha. As far as me sticking around, don't need to worry about that I'm not going anywhere, definitely excited to be a part of the excalibur family.

So, would you suggest then that I keep shooting it? If it doesn't effect the shot consistency then it's nothing to really worry about?
no. get it fixed.
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Botchio wrote:Wow, that grouping is impressive at 50 yards. Seeing that I should drag my block back out and keep practising haha. As far as me sticking around, don't need to worry about that I'm not going anywhere, definitely excited to be a part of the excalibur family.

Me personally, given where that is and the direction it is heading, I'd say no..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Buddyshort

Post by Buddyshort »

I would not trust it like that, get it fixed. Too much stress there to not fix it. Dont shoot a broken bow
Botchio

Post by Botchio »

Roger that, warranty claim filed online, I'll call from work tomorrow and arrange a visit.

Thanks for the advice guys.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Ya as close as you are and have not really worked up a good setup yet, and will be back out in no time. But I would cock it and check the tiller if it is even from side to side the limb is still working. This doesn't mean its not a crack and yes it could be a void that was sanded and filled but like others said you gave up a hunt and sounds like your not ready yeat to hunt with it so I would start fresh.

Then when you get it back I suggest you shoot the arrow with heads you intend to hunt with before shooting at game. Any change in any arrow insert, vane style, nock style, head style, weight anything needs verified before using it to hunt with.

I also advise you to do some checking here and would suggest if you want something better for hunting get some Spynal Tapps 16" to 16.5" to start with, and know you have the best, I will never shoot less than a 390 or 400 grain arrow in mine,, my 412 ngrain arrows shoot better than the over a dozen different combinations I have tried!! good luck!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome! As others have said call them and pop in!! They will take care of you!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

I hunted with the 405 today with the cracked limb tillers even thing still drives tacks..left it cocked in the jeep all night in fact its been cock for 2 days im still hunting with it..if it blows up let it be over night in the jeep..i have the repair number just gota wait to see were I send it after that the vertical bow until the parts come back..funny thing I was peed off yesterday today I had a good hunt with even cracked..darn thing Is a real bone crusher if a world glass buck showed for sure it would hanging right about now :D
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I don't believe I would leave mine cocked for days, don't know but would seem at some point it would have to affect the memory in the limbs,,,,,Image
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

wildcatter wrote:I don't believe I would leave mine cocked for days, don't know but would seem at some point it would have to affect the memory in the limbs,,,,,Image
Not likely to happen.
I would leave my Exocet cocked for weeks sometimes. Cocked it, layed the hose to it, then put it in the freezer for a few days too.
Cooked it one time, hard case left in the sun on a deck during a hot summer day, so hot the string completely elongated, limbs dropped to full rest. That is supposed to be the worst for it.
I have one arrow that I have had since day 1, it is the one I used to chrony the bow, in 8 years it never lost a single FPS.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Botchio

Post by Botchio »

Status Update: I stopped in to excal warehouse today and got fixed up and on my way within 30 mins. Great customer service experience, and fantastic facility. Very happy with the company, and hope this set of limbs last a long time :D
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Welcome aboard. :)
I can't say much about the micro or bigger Matrix models, but the 310 and 330 I have are pretty sweet and never a problem yet other than a scope issue I had a while back ;)

Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: