Thank you Bloodtrail!!! > Met a good forum member today!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XcaliburFX

Thank you Bloodtrail!!! > Met a good forum member today!

Post by XcaliburFX »

Well it seems I am becoming accident prone as of late lol. Had my second mishap in the last 2 weeks, first I fell backwards over the cedar logs and messed up my back a bit. had six shot put in it last Monday and it is still killing me. This time however, I almost broke both arms while working on my Kawasaki Mule.

I had it jacked up with the rear wheel off adjusting the rear springs. When I proceeded to make a big rookie mistake, and I knew better when I did it. :shock: I even thought to myself I should support the mule with jack stand or at least lay the tire and wheel under it. :roll: But No, I was in a hurry and thought it wouldn't be a problem. Yeah right. While twisting the springs to the correct height, I yanked a tad to hard and ended up jerking the Mule off the floor jack. My legs were out of the way, but of course my arms were underneath the bed on the springs. Yep, fell right smack down on my forearms up near the elbows. Almost immediately it looked like I had an apple attached to each arm near the elbow, man they swelled fast. Being my stubborn self I got the jack back under the Mule and finished the job, adjusting the springs not breaking my arms lol. My right one may have a small crack and they are still swelled, but no terrible broken bone pains.

Well, after having a bit of work done to my crossbows a couple weeks back, I needed to put my scopes back on and sight them in. Told my wife it was looking as if I may have to pay someone to do it, since my back and now both arms were killing me.

Well, a good forum member here (and I know there are several more), named Bloodtrail, and I had been talking for a while about getting together. I called him up and he graciously told me no problem, come on down and bring the bows and he'd help me out. I was late getting there due to food plot tending (had to add a little incentive :wink: to them "Yum" ), anyway I got there about 4:30pm and we shot up til dark, after he put the scopes back on for me. Got them both pretty dang close, maybe not dime sized patterns, but dead deer at any rate.

So my day was actually pretty good, getting to meet a great member of the Excalibur forums just topped it all off. He is a pretty busy individual, but we plan on getting together again soon and shoot a tad more, and of course eat some good food and do a lot of talking about hunting and crossbows! :)

Thank you Bloodtrail for being such a huge help to me today. If not for your help I would be in a mess for sure, you helped me more than you could possibly know. I will not forget it either. :)

Vic Mc
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
amythntr

Re: Thank you Bloodtrail!!! > Met a good forum member today!

Post by amythntr »

....great story Vic...hope you'll get better and stay that way...there are some mighty nice people on this forum...and it sure looks like you found one in Bloodtrail...I always try to act as how I would like others to treat me...it seems to have worked well so far... And it looks like BT is following the same approach...

....after all, isn't it always said, "we are one big family!"

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good for you both. Hope you both had a great time, and Vic, get feeling better soon.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Vic i truely am sorry that Murphy came to yer home to help you. I am glad that you n Blootrail got together n gotstid yer scopes on n shootin decent
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

i hurt myself 3 years in a row, on the same month . . .solution, my wife staked me out in the yard away from everything! . . .glad ya'll got to meet up! i felt the same way when i met the MASTER, vixenmaster :lol: . he made me walk on a mockingbird floor to prove myself worthy, i failed, but somehow talk'n bout crossbows and hunting i THINK i passed :wink:

sorry yer crippled up, you need to be careful

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Glad you guys got together and everything worked out for you.
Now be a little more careful next time ;)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Buddy so sorry to hear of your run of the luck an all- Hope things get back to normal for ya soon- Nice to meet good people that help someone out when they are down and out. All the best to ya this season !!!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Wow if it was not for bad luck huh !

Since it worked out and you still have your arms and complete use of them, :shock: prehaps you should also run down and buy a lottery ticket or two. :D

Happy to hear your going to be fine.

I'm envious of the fact that you have a forum member close by.. I think there is only one other in WA. state and he lives way north of me.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Thanks folks, I'll be back to my normally messed up self soon I am sure.

Yes, meeting a nearby member was a good thing for me indeed. It would be nice to meet all the good folks on here ... perhaps even make boofest one day. There are a lot of good folks here, and they are all appreciated. Several I consider great friends even though we have not yet met. Maybe one day. :)

Vic Mc
Assassin 360 Strata
bloodtrail

Post by bloodtrail »

Vic,
No need to go out of your way to thank me but it is very appreciated bro. Just following the way I was raised I guess. Us good hearted folks have to help each other as best we can because sometimes it doesn't appear that there are many of us left. Just watch the news if you know what I mean. The next time you work on your UTV wear your helmet. :lol:
Just kiddin.
Thoughts and prayers go out for you. Let us know how you heal up and send us some pics of your first kill with that smokin 380 soon.
Later
I'd rather be shooting my Excalibur.
Matrix 405
Twilight DLX scope
BEZombies/Tactical Tapps
Grim Reaper SS BH
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Oh not out of my way buddy. Just glad to meet a good forum member and happy for the helping hand.

There are a lot of great members on this forum that go out of there way to help others everyday. No, not always in person, most do their helping by taking the time to reply in depth to help folks who need it, be a newcomer or a long time forum member with a perplexing issue. I personally have had issues and talked to several members on here that have given me sound advice, and I hope to meet them all one day in person as well. Folks like Boo (Don), xcaliber (Dan), vixenmaster (Mike) and others "just to name a few" who have written enough advice on here for a dang book come to mind. And I am sure if they were closer to me or anyone else for that matter, they would help in person just as much. Of course they may be throwing rocks at me as I am leaving, but they would do their best to help me first. lol

I have seen a ton of help given on this forum, that not only helped the original poster, but others as well ... even myself at times.

So, personally I thank everyone on here that is willing to help someone they do not even really know, be it in person or by giving great advice one this forum.

So, to me giving thanks where thanks is due, is always a given. And being able to meet a good forum member is always a plus. :)

Vic Mc
Assassin 360 Strata