O/T stuff for sale .

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Re: Al's

Post by Woody Williams »

stump wrote:........... While I've never fired any of these from my Emag, from what I've read on the forum none of them can compare with either the tricks or the montecs. Am I missing something?
Now that all depends on who you ask..

A BUNCH of us on here do very well with the Wasp SST Hammers...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
stump

Al's

Post by stump »

Thanks Comfybear. I normally buy from Wayne, and was just checking Al's to see how the prices compare to other local shops, in case I needed something quickly. I usually drive by the place at least once a week, but haven't stopped to look at the hunting gear. Your point about stores focusing on selling what they have was well taken, but telling me that slicktricks and montecs weren't recommended for x-bows doesn't necessarily speak well about the way they do business. If they had told me they didn't have the product because it was back ordered, or that in their experience the broadheads they carry are better, I'd respect them for their honest. I'll still stop by and look around the next time I'm driving by, but I'm less likely to put much stock in what they tell me about a particular product. I'm not bad mouthing them. Everything I've heard about them has been positive, I just wanted to let forum members know, especially newer, less experienced ones, so they don't purchase anything they'll regret later.
ComfyBear

Re: Al's

Post by ComfyBear »

Woody Williams wrote:
stump wrote:........... While I've never fired any of these from my Emag, from what I've read on the forum none of them can compare with either the tricks or the montecs. Am I missing something?

Woody I agree, I've used both the Slick Tricks and Wasp SST Hammers, with equal success.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Dan_DE

Post by Dan_DE »

R. J., that's also a good price on the Yamaha. I just looked up the price on a 2004 2.5 hp - US$725.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Dan_DE ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: how did you get the Gollum head on your body ?

Yep it's fair price .... around here they are approx $925 CND + 15% GST/PST = $1065. CND .
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "

Post by Guest »

we wants it , don'ts we precious !
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

A buddy of mine has an older moldel Coleman Scanoe square back 16ft canoe for sale as well ...... his canoe and my outboard .... $975 . CND Package deal ...

The canoe is an older model of the one in this link .
http://www.colemancanoes.co.uk/en-us/dept_300.html

The one my buddy has is the same hull and square back .... the interior is different , the older models have an aluminium tubing framework .
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Dan_DE

Post by Dan_DE »

R.J., I just took off my mask :wink:

Sounds like a great deal, if i could shake out the funds, I'd think about a trip for the border.

Dan
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Ricky J you have a hot PM re: the canoe and motor via the other forum I posted this on for you.

Mikey Vee
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

Woody Williams wrote:
stump wrote:
........... While I've never fired any of these from my Emag, from what I've read on the forum none of them can compare with either the tricks or the montecs. Am I missing something?

Woody I agree, I've used both the Slick Tricks and Wasp SST Hammers, with equal success.
I've also had great success with Wasp, as a matter of fact it is all I use!
While I've never fired any of these from my Emag, from what I've read on the forum none of them can compare with either the tricks or the montecs. Am I missing something?
Yes, you need to try them out. I'm sorry to pick on this post but I'm wondering how someone can be pass judgement without trying something first!? I don't recall anyone mentioning that they had no success with the WASPs on this forum. I would be curious to hear the complaints though. Anyway, your being critical of the store because of difference in opinion that really is not that far off. I'm mean he's not telling you to use something that actually is junk!
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

R.J. wrote:A buddy of mine has an older moldel Coleman Scanoe square back 16ft canoe for sale as well ...... his canoe and my outboard .... $975 . CND Package deal ...

The canoe is an older model of the one in this link .
http://www.colemancanoes.co.uk/en-us/dept_300.html

The one my buddy has is the same hull and square back .... the interior is different , the older models have an aluminium tubing framework .
FREE TTT

The motor is still available but the Coleman canoe is now mine. :D
I sold my white f/g one today so I'm taking the Coleman off RJ's hands.

Mikey Vee

Post by Guest »

Vixen and canoe are sold , just the outboard motor left for sale .