DrStirrup Matrix or older Excalibur Kit

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

DrStirrup Matrix or older Excalibur Kit

Post by amythntr »

...A member who received a free kit is forwarding it to me...he had no qualms with the product but felt for his tall size the original setup suit his purpose better...

...Once received, I will forward it to someone who asks for it...just PM me and let me know...It is for the Matrix or older Excalibur not for the Micro...and I do not want to break up the kit.

...Please have 100 or more posts...

Anthony :)

PS: first dibs will be to a forum member...if no response then it will go to a friend of a forum member who has already requested it!
Last edited by amythntr on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Green380

Re: DrStirrup Matrix or older Excalibur Kit

Post by Green380 »

What a great idea. Good things you're doing all over the forum.
I hope someone who got the cocking aid when it's ready chimes in wih a review. I could sure use some help in thay department.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Green380 wrote:What a great idea. Good things you're doing all over the forum.
I hope someone who got the cocking aid when it's ready chimes in wih a review. I could sure use some help in thay department.
I got Dr. Stirrup's cocking rope and absolutely love it! It's become my primary cocking rope with all others becoming backups and secondary. One of the major reasons that I love it so much is because the grooves that the string sits in is much deeper than Excals stock cocking rope. It eliminates any possibility of slippage for any reason. I also love the slightly larger handles for my sausage fingers.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Rusty Gate

Post by Rusty Gate »

TheBig1 wrote:
Green380 wrote:What a great idea. Good things you're doing all over the forum.
I got Dr. Stirrup's cocking rope and absolutely love it! It's become my primary cocking rope with all others becoming backups and secondary. One of the major reasons that I love it so much is because the grooves that the string sits in is much deeper than Excals stock cocking rope. It eliminates any possibility of slippage for any reason. I also love the slightly larger handles for my sausage fingers.
Hi TheBig1,
Does this rope cocker make it any easier to actually cock the bow? I would think the improved ergo's would help. But just wondered if it had any actual mechanical advantage. Thanks in advance for your thoughts, and to anyone else who may chime in.

RG
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

It does seem to make it a little easier and smoother to cock because of the extra rollers... but if you are looking for something to make it easier to cock a higher poundage model you should probably order a C2. I also like the bigger handles as well.

Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Nice deal. I'm tempted to post Hi to 94 members just to get to 100! lol
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

BrotherRon wrote:It does seem to make it a little easier and smoother to cock because of the extra rollers... but if you are looking for something to make it easier to cock a higher poundage model you should probably order a C2. I also like the bigger handles as well.

Ron.
Rusty, Ron hit it on the head. Don't expect it to take the weight off but it does make it easier to a certain extent to cock it. I also feel that it makes it easier to have a more even cocking motion, meaning keeping both handles together at the same pull rate producing the same center on the string each time.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Rusty Gate

Post by Rusty Gate »

Thank you gentleman for the feedback, much appreciated! The larger handles alone appeal to me....perhaps off to Home Depot for a couple solid pieces of PVC to replace the handles on the factory unit. :idea: Thanks again!

RG
Green380

Post by Green380 »

Sparkey wrote:Nice deal. I'm tempted to post Hi to 94 members just to get to 100! lol
Should be 94 hunting threads to say congrats in :lol:
Ill admit I thought about it. :oops: I think I'll have to hope Santa brings me some crossbow goodies. My husband wouldn't be too pleased if I spent more money on my little hobby :lol:

Thanks for the cocker opinions guys. I do have the C2 and that's what I'm going with for now but I am not willing to give up just yet. I feel there might be some advantage out of a different stirrup and cocking rope. Better grip and smoother sounds good.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....in addition to what had been stated by Ron and Chad...I find that I am not pulling my arms up as high which takes stress off of the arms and back...combine this with the ability (if needed) to cock it sitting done by virtue of the redesigned stirrup, and

....now you can utilize your legs in the cocking motion (usually stronger than arms) and this makes it a must have for women and shorter stature men (moi! :mrgreen: )....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

amythntr wrote:....now you can utilize your legs in the cocking motion (usually stronger than arms) and this makes it a must have for women and shorter stature men (moi! :mrgreen: )....

You don't say!?!? :lol:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Green380 wrote:
Sparkey wrote:Nice deal. I'm tempted to post Hi to 94 members just to get to 100! lol
Should be 94 hunting threads to say congrats in :lol:
Ill admit I thought about it. :oops: I think I'll have to hope Santa brings me some crossbow goodies. My husband wouldn't be too pleased if I spent more money on my little hobby :lol:

Thanks for the cocker opinions guys. I do have the C2 and that's what I'm going with for now but I am not willing to give up just yet. I feel there might be some advantage out of a different stirrup and cocking rope. Better grip and smoother sounds good.
....you would absolutely love it Mrs. Green380!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Green380

Post by Green380 »

amythntr wrote:
....you would absolutely love it Mrs. Green380!

With any luck somebody local will have one I can try at some point over the next year or I get a deer this year. Nothing to justify spending $ like meat in the freezer. :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

TTT

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

Hey Anthony, I'm not sure how many posts i have but my old Exocet went to my son in law.
he saw the new setup I got from Dr. Stirrup at Boofest and would love it if it's not already gone.
I've been a member for probably 100 years (lol).
PM me if it's still available.
Thanks
Mike