Air Break ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SummitSitter

Re: Air Break ?

Post by SummitSitter »

I'm debating whether to get a set of Air Brakes for my Matrix 355. Any of you guys have them installed on a Matrix 355 and have you seen any difference in noise/vibration?
Last edited by SummitSitter on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SEW

Post by SEW »

The rubber will deteriorate rapidly if the limbs are left unstrung. So, loosen the Air Brakes before leaving the limbs unstrung. I have them on both my 380 & 405.
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

I prefer the Brake Pads. Way lighter and cheaper plus they do work. Both my bows are quieter with Brake pads installed.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

One of my rubber pads just fell off too. On my 405. Bad glue joint I guess. They we're not on to long either. Maybe 20 shots. Excalibur replaced the pad and gave me a second one and gave me all 4 smaller Allen screws under warranty. I don't think I am putting them back on though. Really not enough of a difference for me and its one less thing to worry about.
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

I've been reading that for the most part they do not make a significant difference so I might hold off on spending the money on them...
cjonesth

Post by cjonesth »

SEW wrote:The rubber will deteriorate rapidly if the limbs are left unstrung. So, loosen the Air Brakes before leaving the limbs unstrung. I have them on both my 380 & 405.
With the older dissipator bars you removed the rubber pads if you unstrung and relaxed your limbs after your hunting season was over. With the air brakes, cock your bow with the stringing and cocking aid, remove the 4 Allen key head screws and remove the pads completely. Then remove the string and relax your limbs. You can remove the 4 Allen head screws before cocking the bow, a little safer.
Matrix 405, Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie arrows, NAP FOC
Bulldog 400 Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie Arrows
Bulldog 330 Hawke Pro SR IR, Zombie Arrows
Matrix 355, Twilight DLX, Zombie Arrows
Micro Max Nightmare, Hawke XB30 Pro, TTT, Zombie arrows,