Huntshield scope any good??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WarriorWithin

Huntshield scope any good??

Post by WarriorWithin »

Hey guys I'm looking at upgrading my varizone scope on my micro and I'm leaning heavily to the bolt but saw this scope on sale at canadian tire and it looked alright. Anyone have any experience with it? Anyone ever heard of them?? It's not a crossbow only scope but it looks like it could do the job.

Thanks

https://m.canadiantire.ca/#/products/pr ... quantity=1
rein1

Re: Huntshield scope any good??

Post by rein1 »

Looks like it has good reviews from rifle users ,,
galamb

Post by galamb »

HuntShield is a "store branded" name that Crappy Tire started carrying this year.

There is two different scopes and two different pairs of binoculars.

They are all made in China, but maybe that doesn't mean much since most entry pricepoint scopes and bino's from pretty much all the name brands are now Chinese made.

We have given these the good once over trying to figure out if it's something that TriLeaf (the procurement end of CTC that actually contracts the making of a product) had these built or if they are just a "debranded" product from Bushnell or Tasco etc and simply can't tell. I did ask the hunting buyer (I am an inventory manager at a Crappy Tire) and he didn't know "who" had the contract for the optics - totally different end of things.

The quality looks "fine" compared to the price point, but I just find them "over priced" for a "generic" scope. They are certainly of no better quality than the Bushnell Trophy despite being priced almost exactly the same.

But the difference would be if you ever tried to sell it later. Everyone has heard of Bushnell and they have been around for years. If this product doesn't meet certain thresholds it will be off the market in a year or two and the name long forgotten.

And as far as the reviews go - just remember, this wasn't on the market a year and a half ago. I'm not saying it's a bad product or you should avoid it, but it just doesn't have much of a "track record".
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
WarriorWithin

Post by WarriorWithin »

Wow now that's a fantastic response! Thanks for the low down on the hunt shield brand. I'm going to wait for a good deal on the bolt and call it done then. The price is so similar I would rather go with something proven.

Thanks guys!
Orion

Post by Orion »

You will like the Nikon Bolt XR as I just upgraded to one on my MICRO, Better optics compared to the Varizone that came on it IMO.. I got mine at Field and Stream with a @20.00 coupon off for $129.00
Micro 335
Nikon Bolt XR
16.5 Quills
Slick Trick 150's
Bolt Cutter 150's
Munch Mount