DrStirrup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Re: DrStirrup

Post by BrotherRon »

No, The stirrups will not fit on the Grizzly. Limb silencers and cocking rope will work, and if you have the R.E.D.S. installed then the bumpers will work as well.

Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Well I haven't been on much in a while but I am around now. I sent an email off to Gaston on the 26/10/2015, and I telephoned him the same day. We talked quite a bit and he seems like a heck of a guy. He knows his stuff and I learned quite a bit about the DrStirrup product line up from just talking to him and I am looking forward to receiving the package from Gaston so I can get it mounted on my Equinox Crossbow. He told me he wanted to send me a complete set of the DrStirrup Product line up at no cost to me. He wants me to test it out and let the folks on here know what I think about it and I know a great deal more business contacts where I can demonstrate and talk to them about the DrStirrup product lineup also. I am always more than willing to do that to get new products in our area and help get them on the market because if it will help someone get a start and help the end user out then that is always a good thing to do. Gaston said he would mail it out on the next day I believe and I was expecting it this past Friday but it never arrived in my mail box. I was anxious for the mail lady to arrive on Friday and when she didn't stop at my mailbox my heart sank, :lol: :oops: . I guess I am still like a kid in a candy store when there is something new to try out, :oops: :oops: :lol: LOL. It will no doubt arrive tomorrow. I will keep you all posted.
Thanks,
Raymond
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

amythntr wrote:
Normous wrote:
Carphunter wrote:I've got to ask since I've seen this listed in a few posts about the stirrup.
When people talk about not putting an arrow in their foot while it's in the stirrup...what are they doing? Or do they mean people forgot to remove the arrow before manually decocking the bow?
There are a few members here with Trophy Boots with a nice broadhead hole in them after accidently uncocking their crossbow without removing their arrow first.
...caused by not focusing on the task at hand, decocking it in the dark and not having a clear visual, discussing the day's hunt with others in the group instead of concentrating on the decocking process...or just plain fatigue might have set in....

Anthony :)
In my case it was fatigue. I sat in my Ground Blind for over 11 hours straight one day last December. Was a very cold day and windy. I had gotten up at 3AM so I could be all set up well before daylight. I hunt from dark to dark so it's a very long day.

My boot sticks through the stirrup a ways and I almost put the broadhead through my foot. I woke up and was able to get the arrow to go into the ground. Got a small hole in my boot and a broken Firebolt. It will never happen again.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I received the complete DrStirrup package from Gaston just as he told me. He put in the mail on October 26th, and it arrived on Monday, November 2nd just as I was stepping out the door to head to the hospital in Halifax for some test. It was today before I got back to it. And it looks great in the packaging and I will now begin to install it and the proof is in the pudding as they say. I am anxious to get it all install and to start practicing with it a bit and then I will give my thoughts on it. So far I am quite impressed with the looks of the crossbow stirrup. I came very close to putting a Bolt Cutter broad head between my big toe and the next toe and it would have came very close to taking off my big toe. I was very lucky to have a very strong grip on the cocking rope while I was de-cocking the crossbow, so there is just a slight scar from a skin puncture, which could have been a lot worse. With the new DrStirrup Crossbow Stirrup that should never happen again. I don't blame the crossbow anyway, it was total my fault because I hadn't been shooting my crossbow my for the past 2 years because of sickness and it makes a difference when you are not always training yourself. Thank you Gaston, I will do my best to help you as best as I can and all my crossbow friends also, and crossbow dealers and sellers.
Thank you,
Raymond
RobD

Post by RobD »

I just put the full kit on my 355 last week, it was a very easy process to install. I haven't had a chance to put a lot of shots with it yet, but I am liking it so far.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD (Two of 'em)
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)
Matrix 380

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I have purchased a set of the “S5” string shock and sound suppression system, to install my dbKiller Bumper made by DrStirrup. Once I have the S5's, they should be here this week. I bought a used set that is supposed to be like new, way cheaper than a new set. I will install the dbKiller Bumpers and I will post some pictures of installing all of the other DrStirrup hardware also. I haven't looked to see if the video is turning out or not, my camera is getting pretty well on its last SD Card, LOL. I will soon have to shoot it and put it out of its misery, LOL. This week my Equinox should all be assembled with DrStirrup hardware. I am getting excited to try it out all together. I will let you all know more as I move along.
Thanks,
Raymond